200mbps media player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I have some mkv files (blue ray back ups that are more than 4gb, more like 30gb each film) on my external hard drive. I want to watch them in HD on my TV but without the PC having to be turned on. I've got a pair of 200mbps homeplugs plugged into my router and am wondering what to connect my hard drive to. I've heard some people say that a lot of the supposedly brilliant network media players out there only have 10/100mbps ethernet ports, so would be a waste of time if i've got potentially 200mbps speeds. I'm looking for a way around this and was wondering if you had any suggestions? Many thanks, Mike.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
mald19:
Hello, I have some mkv files (blue ray back ups that are more than 4gb, more like 30gb each film) on my external hard drive. I want to watch them in HD on my TV but without the PC having to be turned on. I've got a pair of 200mbps homeplugs plugged into my router and am wondering what to connect my hard drive to. I've heard some people say that a lot of the supposedly brilliant network media players out there only have 10/100mbps ethernet ports, so would be a waste of time if i've got potentially 200mbps speeds. I'm looking for a way around this and was wondering if you had any suggestions? Many thanks, Mike.

If you're playing back blu-rays from a hard drive then you won't need more than 54 Mbps as this is the maximum bitrate that the disc medium can deliver and as such you'll not be transferring the data faster than that over you network to playback the BD files.

A

Anonymous

oh cool, so if i get a WDHDTV live media player that should do the trick then? Many thanks, Mike.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts