2 subs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You will want to check if you can get some data for the ASW12 because it might perform similar to the PV1D - similar power similar driver volume so it will depend on what they have done to it as to whether you will see a real difference in your room dude.

Bass can be very similar between subs in your room so it makes sense to know what your buying.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You can look and see the difference between the E110 and E112 from JL Audio

The output is almost identical - the only difference is in the 30 - 40hz range. is better with the E112

The extra driver volume and power assists where its needed and where its difficult for small subs to generate deeper bass.

Both subs output 105db flat freq which is 5db more than an SVS SB13 Ultra - thats a lot more - they kick ass. You should speak to Manni from the Uk distrubtor about them before buying anything else.

Thats a keeper sub and will outperform 2 PV1 and probably 2 ASW12's as well

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The problem with that buzz mate is it doesnt really show you antyhing meaningful to make a buying decision.

I used to think 100w more power would be significant but by all accounts I dont think it even gets you a 1db increase.

This is why when people want Big bass they always use multiple big drivers because its more about the amount of air being moved than power in the amps.

On the other hand if you look at it like this.

Small sealed enclosures dont do deep bass. All the power in the amplifier is used to apply boost so that it can do deeper bass.

500w doesnt leave a lot if they use most of that to apply some boost. Hence why some more info would help to know how they designed the sub. But they actually dont want you to have that info for some reason otherwise they would publish it.

Look at svs subs - they show a freq graph for all their subs so at least you know what your getting.

It all boils down to what you want from this purchase mate. I know it seems like i am trying to get you to spend more money but i am just trying to help you buy a sub that will make a significant difference.

Ultimately the bass you will get will be determined by your room and setup so i am just suggesting a guaranteed capable and small sub.

In saying that the asw12 does have 1000w peak so it might peform good. Be better if they gave more info

buzz_lightclick

ideal av said:
ellisdj said:
Just for example data from another small sub JL E110 - not best performer outright but good for the size. You can compare to an SVS SB13 Ultra directly on here and it would appear the JL kicks its ass :)

and thats the very reason why i tend to sell JL Audio than any other brand, they kick ass and pound for pound i believe they are un-equalled in every aspect

Allan

I only really know them from car audio so it would be interesting to hear their home cinema subs.

ideal av

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
buzz_lightclick said:
ideal av said:
ellisdj said:
Just for example data from another small sub JL E110 - not best performer outright but good for the size. You can compare to an SVS SB13 Ultra directly on here and it would appear the JL kicks its ass :)

and thats the very reason why i tend to sell JL Audio than any other brand, they kick ass and pound for pound i believe they are un-equalled in every aspect

Allan

I only really know them from car audio so it would be interesting to hear their home cinema subs.

well your welcome to a demo anytime and prepare to be shocked, i'm pretty serious when i say these are the best subs i've ever heard and i've heard quite a few over the years, nothing compares to them imho

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts