2 pieces of speakercable connecting with tape??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to connect 2 pieces of speakercable with tape, to make one longer piece. Trying this because of the price of cable Qed silver anniversary, the're 2x 7,5 mtr pieces.

Is this going to work or.....

Mercie!

A

Anonymous

Rather solder the wire together and use heat shrink sleeve to insulate bare wires.

A

Anonymous

Obviously it's not ideal, but if you must link two cables together.

I would splice them into a staggered joint (so one joint is behind the other) tightly twist the wires, then solder, tape and bind.

A

Anonymous

I would like to reiterate that you have to solder the wires.

My one mate called me over one time as he was having problems with his left speaker on his system. Turns out he had spliced the left speaker cable and hadn't soldered them, the corrosion between the copper wires (copper oxide doesn't conduct electricity) was creating a very bad connection as was the cause of the whole problem.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
SouthFly:
I would like to reiterate that you have to solder the wires.

My one mate called me over one time as he was having problems with his left speaker on his system. Turns out he had spliced the left speaker cable and hadn't soldered them, the corrosion between the copper wires (copper oxide is doesn't conduct electricity) was creating a very bad connection as was the cause of the whole problem.

I've done the same as Trevor before and although not ideal, I've had no problems.

A

Anonymous

Trevor did also state soldering, you haven't had problems with just twisting them togeter?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
SouthFly:Trevor did also state soldering, you haven't had problems with just twisting them togeter?

No. They are only cheap cables for my rear speakers. All the cables were chased into my walls and plastered and then we decided to change racks and I was about 2 feet short! I cut the cables, cleaned the ends off, twisted each length and then bound them together with tape. If I ever get problems, I would just buy another short length and cut the original back a bit more and do the same. I did this about a year ago and have had no problems so far. And I am a novice!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts