2 channel amp for music instead of Sony 1050 av receiver?

PAAAUDIO

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
I have just tested out my birthday present a Marantz CD6006 and am surprised by how good it sounds over using my Xbox One for playing cds.

Can I get a similar improvement by getting a 2 channel amp instead of using my Sony 1050 av receiver?

If so what would people recommend?

I like Vocal music including Andrea Bocelli and Mariah Carey.

PAAAUDIO

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I was thinking about the Marantz PM6006 but wasn't sure how well it would drive the Kef Q500 speakers or if it's good with vocals. I'm guessing it would be fine.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Generally stereo amps willd dp a better job obviously within certain realistic budget restrictions. The marantz PM6006 seems the natural choice,(your speakers at 8 ohms and 87db sensitivity should be driven easy enough) but the Onkyo a9010 gets as good reviews. It does not have a built in dac, but not sure you need it with the sony receiver.

If it was me I would try and spend a little more, the q500 speakers are slightly higher end and maybe a better amp might be worth it.

PAAAUDIO

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I will look into getting the Onkyo amp. I was wondering about spending a little more so will try out both options soon.

Getting the Kef speakers recently has reminded me how much I used to love music and especially CDs.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
PAAAUDIO said:
Thanks for the reply.

I will look into getting the Onkyo amp. I was wondering about spending a little more so will try out both options soon.

Getting the Kef speakers recently has reminded me how much I used to love music and especially CDs.

if you want something a little bit special the Arcam a19 will get dancing a bargain at £500

PAAAUDIO

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I will try out the PM6006 then. I do like the matching styles and the finish of the CD6006 was also a lot better than I was expecting.

TRENDING THREADS