1st Gen iPads £329 on store.apple.com

Paul.

Thats about it really, first gen iPads discounted at Apple store, starting at £329. No idea how many are left in the channel...

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad?mco=OTY2ODA0NQ

T

the record spot

Refurbished models start from £289. Limited stocks though.

A

Anonymous

No flash, no bbc iplayer without costing more, no thanks apple.

Wake me up when they are 150.00

Pete Shields

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
Apple kit holds it value usually quite well. However, if the speed improvement & cameras/facetime are as good as they say, the backside on the second hand 1st generation ipad market will seriously drop out over the next few months as a glut of them hit the open market........The current differential of £100 could easily be doubled. I already know several people who are considering upgrading and have had their ipads 6 months. The market appears to me to be just like the iphone mobile phone market. Every time a new model arrives, the value of yesterdays model spirals.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Agreed Paul.

I dont' really care how it compares to anything else. I want something that can do most of what I do on my laptop, but save me booting it up all the time (IMDB/e-mails/DVD and Bluray ordering/forum work etc). I also bought it as a Sonos controller, which it does admirably, and I'm sure it'll serve as a great remote for other things in the future. It can link to my Sky+ HD box and let me record what I want when I'm not there.

Plus, I can take it anywhere I like, unlike my laptop.

I bought the top one, and don't regret it at all.

A

Anonymous

I just don't see the point in buying something that's already outdated and surpassed by newer technology and having to fork out 40 for a "special" hdmi cable!

Also any company that starts a press conference by dissing its rivals should not be respected! I used to be a fan but not anymore!

Thats just my opinion!

Paul.

IrishPeterB:
Also any company that starts a press conference by dissing its rivals should not be respected!

Do you grow your own vegetables? Good luck buying ANYTHING

Google's CEO was on Apple's board of directors whist iOS was developed, funnily enough Android turned out pretty similar. Can you respect that? Apple have every right to be a little 'snippy'.

A

Anonymous

When Sony release a new TV do they start the press conference by saying that Philips tv's are rubbish?

Or for example when BMW had to recall cars last year due to a breaking issue did they start by saying Mercedes breaks are faulty too?

Paul.

Everyone does it

3427670079_fa8f403233_b.jpg

Paul.

G.Unit69:However, the Motorola Xoom will be much much better

Better at what? DJing live music at a house party? Editing video? Tethering digital cameras to for live view? Playing games? Playing the piano or drumming? Previewing medical texts and displaying test results? Controlling real life millitary opperations?

Im sure the Xoom will have a blazingly fast web browser.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
canada16:
No flash, no bbc iplayer without costing more, no thanks apple.

Wake me up when they are 150.00

where is the cost in a free app for iplayer?

I'm with David, good as a fast booting web-browser and Sonos controller. I won't be running out to buy a new one because the 1st gen still does what I bought it for

A

Anonymous

Flash support, gaming with introduction of Playstation Suite to Android, dual core processor, expandable memory, bluetooth, hdmi, usb, 2 cameras, internet tethering from android phone using usb or wifi and quite a few other things too. Better at quite alot compared to what the Ipad 1 or 2 can do.

A

Anonymous

G.Unit69:Flash support, gaming with introduction of Playstation Suite to Android, dual core processor, expandable memory, bluetooth, hdmi, usb, 2 cameras, internet tethering from android phone using usb or wifi and quite a few other things too. Better at quite alot compared to what the Ipad 1 or 2 can do.

mmmmm.Is the same Xoom that every review i have read from so called experts state "It still falls short of the Ipad"

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
G.Unit69:However, the Motorola Xoom will be much much better
Haven't they said that about every new tablet since the iPad? And are any of them actually better, or even as good, as the iPad? I'm not protecting Apple here as I'm not really a fan of theirs, but what I do have of theirs are exceptional products, and have done for me exactly what I have expected, even though they're capable of a whole lot more.

Paul.

G.Unit69:Flash support, gaming with introduction of Playstation Suite to Android, dual core processor, expandable memory, bluetooth, hdmi, usb, 2 cameras, internet tethering from android phone using usb or wifi and quite a few other things too. Better at quite alot compared to what the Ipad 1 or 2 can do.

Those are specs, not uses. Your still missing the point!

PS, playstation suit is said to be available in the next calendar year. Wonder what iOS will be doing by then?

Samsung got the fear though...

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/techscience/2011/03/04/9/0601000000AEN20110304009300320F.HTML

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
In my household the Ipad is probably the most popular electronic device. It has become the go to device for web browsing for everyone. Used for email, as a sonos controller, has my catalogue for my collection of DVDs/Blurays on it, is used as a portable media player, games machine and to store recipes. I've been genuinely surprised by how much usage it gets to the extent that an Ipad 2 will probably get purchased just to reduce competition for the device. Laptops are now rarely touched.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts