1080p or not 1080p that is the question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking at making my 1st foray into flat screen tv and having read this months What Hifi mag and spent months thinking about it I've finally shortlisted;

Sony KDL40/46W

Samsung PS42Q97HDX

Panasonic TH42PX or PZ70

Pioneer PDP428

It would be hooked upto a Freeview box(not willing to be fleeced by Sky yet) with a v.good tv reception and a PS3 for Blu-ray/upscaled DVD/gaming

Now no matter how much i read about plasma being generally 'better' i can't help but consider the Sony 1080p LCD

Am i unduly fixated with something that won't make much difference with a 40 ish inch screen size that i'm wanting

How does the Panasonic PZ compare to the PX with both standard and high def

Should i really remortgage my house and plump for the Pioneer which everyone seems to say is the dogs ...

I'm also looking at going the whole hog and getting the A/V amp + 5.1 speaker combo and have posted some queries in the appropriate section

ANY advice from you many knowledgeable AV boffs(enough creeping now) would be greatly appreciated

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you've read this month's mag, you know our opinion - it's all there in black and white. Don't stress on specs, please! If you can afford it, go for the Pioneer - better with ANY source than everything else.

If you can't stretch to it, the Full HD 'Z' Pana plasma or Sony LCD sets would be our next choices, followed by the 'X' Pana - all are excellent five-star sets, so you really can choose the one that best suits your budget, connectivity and even style requirements.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts