1 star panasonic gets best buy?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

nads

Oh, lunch has been
emotion-33.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
OK, i've just read the rival review. Few points to make:

1) They only give it four out of five - hardly a rave review

2) I can't believe they give it four when their own lab tests reveal it's woefully underpowered compared to the claimed spec - it actually scores a one--out-of-five by their own judging criteria.

3) Website of the review writer.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Simon Lucas:I think it's more to underscore that none of our review team work in hi-fi PR. .

Precisely.

Richard's a great guy, but - as it says in his own words on his website - he's no longer testing this stuff day in day out.

I'll be seeing him tomorrow, so i'll ask him more about what he liked about the Pana and report back!

A

Anonymous

Maybe Claire could wear a wire and we could call this "Stargate" ... oh !

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome: They only give it four out of five - hardly a rave review2) I can't believe they give it four when their own lab tests reveal it's woefully underpowered compared to the claimed spec - it actually scores a one--out-of-five by their own judging criteria

I found that a bit strange too! It does score terrible badly in the lab tests, but they do award a best buy over the denon and onk??
You'll get thrown ot out the office clare if yor seen readin HCC ;-)

A

Anonymous

"I think it's more to underscore that none of our review team work in hi-fi PR. I could be wrong, though."

But doesn't the company that makes What Hi-Fi also make the Sony magazine? No wonder all Sony TVs get 5 stars... :)ÿ

A

Anonymous

Tut tut JD, don't you know Judgement Day is in May.Much like a quality piece of kit we need time to run-in.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
BobaFett35:
"I think it's more to underscore that none of our review team work in hi-fi PR. I could be wrong, though."

But doesn't the company that makes What Hi-Fi also make the Sony magazine? No wonder all Sony TVs get 5 stars... :)

It's an entirely separate part of a very large company, which also produces house magazines for car companies, Team GB, the 2012 Olympics, the Army and many other organisations. Oh, and Panasonic, LG and Philips. It's run as an entirely separate business unit.

And no, it has no influence whatsoever on the reviews given to Sony products.Or indeed Panasonic, LG and Philips products. Or even the Army.

But good provocative first post.

John Duncan

professorhat:JohnDuncan:They also make Manchester United magazine.
Ahhh - that'll be why Clare has Cristiano Ronaldo in her fantasy football team...

No, it's because if she'd picked the entire Ipswich first XI she wouldn't be above me in the table.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well indeed....

Nice conspiracy theory re Sony, by the way - the trolling poster seems to have neglected the amount of poor reviews Sony gets (and the amount of rave reviews the 2008 TVs are getting from every publication).

In the current issue, for example, there's a couple of three-star Sony reviews, and the Sony Blu-ray player gets beaten by the Panasonic.

Oh, and Samsung beats Sony in a TV group test. But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good trolling...

John Duncan

Clare Newsome:
Well indeed....

Nice conspiracy theory re Sony, by the way - the trolling poster seems to have neglected the amount of poor reviews Sony gets (and the amount of rave reviews the 2008 TVs are getting from every publication).

In the current issue, for example, there's a couple of three-star Sony reviews, and the Sony Blu-ray player gets beaten by the Panasonic.

Oh, and Samsung beats Sony in a TV group test. But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good trolling...

And Manchester United are still rubbish.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sadly Man U weren't rubbish the day they inflicted what remains the biggest Premiership thrashing (9-0) on Ipswich back in the heady days we were in the top flight. I so enjoy them trotting out that stat every time there's a heavy defeat
emotion-6.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts