1 in 2 out HDMI splitters

joreth

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Hope I`m in the right section for this, could anybody advise me, I have a Yamaha AX863SE av amp and a Sony MDR-DS7500 headphone amp, I want to us a HDMI splitter from my Panasonic BDT310 BD player to both but want to know if its possible, and any suggestions as to what make and model, the Panasonic does have 2 HDMI outputs but I`m using one directly to Samsung tv, the Yamaha amp has 3 inputs and 1 output but I cannot get amp output to feed headphone amp, I would very much appreciate any advice. Thank you

Peter

Hems

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
I ordered this for my xbox one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SPLITTER-Amplifier-Display-Shipping/dp/B001D9P1OW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1395073881&sr=8-2&keywords=neet+hdmi

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
joreth said:
but I cannot get amp output to feed headphone amp, I would very much appreciate any advice. Thank you

I don't think you need an HDMI splitter: the Yamaha amp is set as default not to play sound out through its HDMI output, I guess as it's assumed you'll be using the amp for your sound, and the TV purely for pictures. But you can change this.

If you go into the amp's option menu (item 5 on the main menua) and choose 'HDMI set' you'll be able to change that setting from 'S. Audio DSP-AX863SE' to 'S. Audio Other', which will feed the audio out through the HDMI output, to which you can connect your headphone amp.

So all you have to do is remember to make that setting when you want to play sound through the headphones, and put it back to 'S. Audio DSP-AX863SE' when you want to go back to listening through the speakers. Page 84 of the Yasmaha manual explains this.

The set-up above would be much better than adding another level of HDMI switching into your system: such switchers can be a nusiance at the best of times, and a PITA at the worst, thanks to the flakiness of HDMI handshaking. It's designed to stop unathorised copying of content, but is more often responsible for inexplicable 'no signal' indications and a lot of frustration.

joreth

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Huge thanks to spiny norman, I had tried switching to other setting on amp before but could not get it to work must have been doing it wrong, but have got it working and very happy, also thanks to other responses. Again many thanks

Peter

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
joreth said:
Huge thanks to spiny norman, I had tried switching to other setting on amp before but could not get it to work must have been doing it wrong, but have got it working and very happy, also thanks to other responses. Again many thanks

Peter

No problems, always happy to help if I can. :)

aileydwark

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I think it is possible. Sometimes it is possible to solve same problem by using headphone splitter keyring. Headphones nowadays comes with options and functionality of sepration. I would recommend you to please visit website and look for splitter keyring.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
aileydwark said:
I think it is possible. Sometimes it is possible to solve same problem by using headphone splitter keyring. Headphones nowadays comes with options and functionality of sepration. I would recommend you to please visit website and look for splitter keyring.

luncheon_meat.JPG

TRENDING THREADS