1 Echo Dot to 2 Amplifiers

Witterings

When I researched sending 2 devices to 1 input on an amplifier via a headphone splitter like this

I've been told that as they're both sending a signal it could easily conflict / short something.

If however I want to share the output from 1 Echo Dot to 2 amplifiers, is there any risk of breaking anything?

My reason for wanting to be able to is the 2nd amp has a pair of garden speakers attached to it so in the summer I'd like to be able to play music in the house as well as the garden.

My setup would be like the link above but with Male 3.5mm jack into the Echo to 2 female 3.5mm then 2 x's male 3.5mm jacks to RCA's to go into the amps.

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
When I researched sending 2 devices to 1 input on an amplifier via a headphone splitter like this

I've been told that as they're both sending a signal it could easily conflict / short something.

If however I want to share the output from 1 Echo Dot to 2 amplifiers, is there any risk of breaking anything?

My reason for wanting to be able to is the 2nd amp has a pair of garden speakers attached to it so in the summer I'd like to be able to play music in the house as well as the garden.

My setup would be like the link above but with Male 3.5mm jack into the Echo to 2 female 3.5mm then 2 x's male 3.5mm jacks to RCA's to go into the amps.

CEX sell B grade echo dots with a 2 year warranty for £10, wouldn't that be less hassle? I'm assuming the garden amp is in a different location hope the link below works.

product-detail

Witterings

No.
If you've got the option though, feed Dot to amp 1, then take a fixed ('Tape Out') from amp 1 to an aux line input on amp 2.
(You'll still have independent volume control on each amp).

I can get it to work using the preouts from one to the other although I may possibly use them for a sub in the near future and unfortunately don't have tape out.

CEX sell B grade echo dots with a 2 year warranty for £10, wouldn't that be less hassle? I'm assuming the garden amp is in a different location hope the link below works.

This was the other option I was considering (although hadn't seen them that cheap), the amps are right next to each other hence why I was thinking about 2 sets of leads from the one device which would just be slightly easier from the point of managing speaker groups. If I can't find an alternative this is definitely what I'll end up doing.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts