£500 mains cables or a psychiatrist , which one should i choose ??

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

chebby:
maxflinn:.. have we burned ourselves out ??

I suspect you are just burning-in.ÿ

How very dare you...please present your evidence for longer burning-in on long threads than short ones or forever wear sack cloth and ashes sir! However, directionality is of course another matter as reading front to back is slower but more coherent, whereas back to front is quicker but the overall effect will be a bit 'choppy'.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
chebby:

maxflinn:.. have we burned ourselves out ??

I suspect you are just burning-in.

I knew it was only a matter of time!
emotion-1.gif

Anyway, could I just point out that received wisdom is that longer cable (thread) runs tend to diminish the quality and shorter lengths are advised?

A

Anonymous

To go back to the original question and poster...You seem to worry a lot about the choice you have to make between cable or shrink. Is it something you often think about? Can you tell us a bit more about this? You know, could it also depend on the experiences you previously had, in your youth? Perhaps your earlier psychiatrist was just too bright. Not that it is bad if something or someone is too bright. But it all depends on the synergy, if there is no synergy, forget it. Or the directionality, it could also matter you know. Perhaps, you were just sending and not receiving. In which case, a warmer shrink, more tube-like even, would be better to improve your system. Of course, I do not want to push you in any direction. I am only here to help you make the right choice. In fact, I believe that I can speak for all of us here can't I: wouldn't it be wonderful if we could do this for you? And as a result that you would be able to open up, and enjoy life, the universe and everything like never before?

tenergy

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Mains cable. You'd probably go positively batty regretting having spent the money on an hour's worth of conversation when you could be enjoying your pricey mains cable for the rest of your earthly existence...(give or take the odd audiophile burglar).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts