£400 Turntable budget

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
New: Looking at Rega P2-24 or Pro-Ject Expression III

Second hand......dunno really!

I need a Phono amp too, looking at Rega Fono or one of the Graham Slee or Pro-Jects boxes.
(This is in addition to the £400 for the TT - Looking at under £150

Any thoughts opinions?

Churz.

A

Anonymous

I have a Rega P2 with a pro-ject phono pre-amp, and am very happy with it. Not a fan of Pro-ject turntables after my Debut III, which had far too high a level of motor noise, but other models may be better. The RB250 or RB251 arms are pretty hard to beat, though.

Looked at upgrading the preamp and was recommended the Graham Slee. The Rega fono looks great value for money but, like the Musical Fidelity preamp you might also want to consider, there's precious little info about it on the web.The CA 640 is another phono amp worth a look and it gets rave reviews.

The Technics 1210 is another turntable option. Not heard one myself, but they get good reviews.

A

Anonymous

Gazjam:

New: Looking at Rega P2-24 or Pro-Ject Expression III

Second hand......dunno really!

I need a Phono amp too, looking at Rega Fono or one of the Graham Slee or Pro-Jects boxes.
(This is in addition to the £400 for the TT - Looking at under £150

Any thoughts opinions?

Churz.

There is a 2nd hand (nearly new!) project Xpression Mk3 on ebay at the moment. would be a good 2nd hand buy imho.

A

Anonymous

I've got an Xpression III (ex-demo, £180 of ebay) & Phono Box II USB (£75 new), v. happy with them, definitely worth an audition if you get the chance

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
if you want to do it on the cheap, expression mk1. only real difference with the mk3 is the gloss plinth, same arm, motor and a large price hike.

all spares are readily available for the mk1, no problems at all.

dump the felt mat,replace with a silicon mat, and add a speed box when funds allow.

the carbon fibre arm is surprisingly good, i have an ortofon tango mc fitted on mine, which is the cheapest they do, light weight under 6 grams and works very well...

all my kit came from flea bay, the expression + speed box + cartridge under £200...

there are bargains to be had.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts