£250 system - NAD C315BEE + Tannoy F1 - Alternatives?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've narrowed my choice down to this pairing, after my local RS have said they will do it for £255.

From Reviews I think this should be a good match for a small bedroom, no?

Any thoughts?

What about the CA Azur 340 as an alternative?

As for Speakers - at a big stretch, the Wharfedale 9.1's?

I've discounted MS 902i's as they are rear ported, and space is tight.

John Duncan

No, I think that's spot on - I don't think you'd get a huge improvement from the Cambridge, and I think the Wharfedales might actually be physically too big - they're pretty roomy around the hips.

A

Anonymous

Brill.

I'm pretty sold on the NAD, I've not heard this model but lots of older NADs and I like the very neutral sound.

The sales guy reckoned the Wharfedale+NAD combo may sound a bit too flat, and reviews seem to back this up. The Tannoys are easy to drive so the NAD should work well. I have a week to make my mind up anyway once there bough and the shops just round the corner if the worst should happen.

I've been tempted by a lot of 2nd hand stuff but its difficult to match deals up and theres always the risk element. This setup is almost £100 of the (admittedly mostly meaningless ) RRP, so I think I'm gonna go for it.

A

Anonymous

Mainly - A PC and I am going to lookout for a 2nd Hand DAB tuner. It will also be plugged into my Humax/TV but I'm more concerned about music than TV/film watching.

I'm downsizing from a big cinema surround setup in a living room and moving into a small bedroom. My mate has 'bought me out' of our shared system and this is where my £250 has come from. I've lost interest in the whhole home cinema type stuff - as how often do you really get to sit down properly and watch a film? Whereas I have the radio on nearly all day.

I want to go back to basics with a nice simple stereo IYSWIM.

John Duncan

Certainly do. What radio stations do you listen to? You might be better off just using your Humax, since the bitrates are marginally higher on freeview radio than on DAB. For those that are not on Freeview (eg Planet Rock), there's always internet radio (though admittedly not always the most reliable source).

A

Anonymous

Thats interesting about the bit-rate. Thanks for your help, I'm gonna go with it tonight and spend an hour or two in my favourtie chair with some good albums.

A

Anonymous

I got it. I'll report back later!

Edit -

2457707912_26fb8885f9_o.jpg

Not in its final resting place, moving house soon, but will be sitting here for a few days while it beds in. Got itunes on shuffle for a few hours!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts