Question Rotel a14, NAD C368 or Cambridge CXA 60

Tannadeechee

Jan 28, 2020
Visit site
Hi looking for any advice, thoughts or alternatives. I have first option on a mint 1981 LP12 ( I know these can be quite polarising but I've wanted one for over 20 years so I'm having it!!) so was using this as an excuse to upgrade my amp. I'm currently using a Marantz PM6004, MArantz CD48, NAD 531 tt (won't be getting the LP12 until October time), Tannoy DC3000 and Nordost Superflatline bi-wire speaker cable. I also use a Pure Jongo A2 to stream Amazon Music via blutooth and music from my NAS via the Pure app and WiFi.

Now I know I will have to listen to these amps to make a final decision but my closest Rotel & NAD dealer is a 50 mile round trip and my closest RS is a 134 mile round trip. This is a but tricky with family commitments. Basically looking for any advice form anyone with experience of these or a decent alternative(s).

Rotel a14 - I know WHF really didn't rate this amp, but I've seen comment that its not too bad. Features wise it looks excellent with a phono stage and a decent DAC. The fact I can get an ex-display one for £499 is quite interesting.

CXA-60 - Reputation wise it seems remiss to not shortlist this. Spec wise it looks pretty decent. Cambridge Audio are selling them direct as refurb for £290 for 1year warranty & £340 with 2 year. Add in a CA Duo phono stage & it seems again a decent package for the money on paper. The fact there are so many refurbs available though poses the question of reliability with this amp. The CXA-61 seems a bit dear by comparison.

NAD C368 - This is a lot more than I was intending to spend. The fact that I can get this amp at the moment with a BlueOS module for less than either of the other 2 amps and a network streamer had me looking at this. Features wise it seems excellent, decent DAC, phono stage.

Any advice gratefully received

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts