£200 to buy a new stereo amplifer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Currently I have the old marantz pm6004 back from the shop. They were kind enough to give me the circuit diagrams Marantz sent them, so my dad who has worked in the electronics business for over 50 years can have a look at it. I Hope to help him with that over the festive period.

Marantz never replied to my letter I sent to them, which is very disappointing but not overly surprising in this day and age.

Since the machine broke I have been using my Pioneer receiver for music playback, and with some tweaking, I have found it to be quite a satisfying experience in a 2.1 set up.

Therefore if my dad and I manage to fix the pm6004, I'll be selling it on and continuing with the Pioneer for the foreseeable future. One less black box in the rack has pleased the other half too and made it look a little neater.

I'm also tempted to sell my marantz cd63 ki as it may be a little wasted being connected to an av receiver. Thinking of the marantz cd5005 as a replacement. .....With a 5 year warranty of course!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts