£18000 FOR AV AMPLIFIER AND SPEAKERS

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
legit:

To David, Nick you guys really know your stuff in the trade. i must say in just two days i have learnt and still continue to learn a lot of things from all the forum members.

its a delight and hopefully at the end of it i will have a wonderful set up.

Thank you. Both David and I are only touching on the details involved in building a system and that why it is key to visit a dealer and listen with your own ears. If you go South or decide to come North you will see the benefit of a system tailored to your needs and just how good it can be when set up correctly.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:

legit:Dave have you got all the speakers and electronics taked about in your demonstration rooms?

Without looking back over the thread and checking everything, yes we do. Any bits and bobs we don't, we can get hold of - just let me know if you want to hear anything specific.

you are a star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
legit:you are a star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't go that far....

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day everyone, it's my day off, so I'm nipping off to watch a film......
emotion-14.gif

A

Anonymous

I know I did not have 18,000

But david sold me a R370HD which uses the same speaker as the platinum range, I think its called c-cam.

Anyway, if the 370HD is anything to go by the platinum range would look and sound amazing.

Very solid, and looks are top notch.

I have a 4meter wide by 7 meter long living room and that fills it nice, but would love something bigger, but ONLY when I have a detached house as the 10" shakes my head as is and neigbour has already said something.. LOL

A

Anonymous

TheHomeCinemaCentre:legit:

To David, Nick you guys really know your stuff in the trade. i must say in just two days i have learnt and still continue to learn a lot of things from all the forum members.

Thank you. Both David and I are only touching on the details involved in building a system and that why it is key to visit a dealer and listen with your own ears. If you go South or decide to come North you will see the benefit of a system tailored to your needs and just how good it can be when set up correctly.

Nick,

with reference to Dali speakers(helicon range) it looks like not many dealers stock it so might be a possibility of me driving (121miles) to have a listen with the Z11/Susano combination.its a shame you do not stock the Arcam and Monitor Audio as you can only stock so much.

A

Anonymous

Just as a further option, you can have my Home Cinema setup for £18,000, if you like. I love it, but as I need to raise a couple of thousand or so to complete my teacher-training course, I could be persuaded...........

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
legit:TheHomeCinemaCentre:legit:

Nick,

with reference to Dali speakers(helicon range) it looks like not many dealers stock it so might be a possibility of me driving (121miles) to have a listen with the Z11/Susano combination.its a shame you do not stock the Arcam and Monitor Audio as you can only stock so much.

As you say we can not stock everything, mostly as other dealers have the accounts or the products would cross with our existing line up. There is another dealer in Edinbrugh with MA Platinum that you may wish to visit.

If you can make the trip we do have the full range of Kef Reference from the 207's down, the full PMC line up from the PB1's down and the Helicon 400, centre and subwoofer that you have been considering. We can set up the system with the HD950 as well.

Drop me a line or give me a call if you wish to set something up.

Nick

A

Anonymous

TheHomeCinemaCentre:legit:TheHomeCinemaCentre:legit:

Nick,

As you say we can not stock everything, mostly as other dealers have the accounts or the products would cross with our existing line up. There is another dealer in Edinbrugh with MA Platinum that you may wish to visit.

If you can make the trip we do have the full range of Kef Reference from the 207's down, the full PMC line up from the PB1's down and the Helicon 400, centre and subwoofer that you have been considering. We can set up the system with the HD950 as well.

Drop me a line or give me a call if you wish to set something up.

Nick

will keep that in mind.

A

Anonymous

tvspecv:

£18000?

this guy if not a footballer must be false (my opinion)

well if you read my initial post you will realise that i just moved into a new house and i still have some money left from my savings and want to treat myself.

what occupation am in is not really necessary for me to discuss.all i need is some help and guideance on how to spend my money wisely

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I would certainly look at the KEF Reference my friends got some and their definetly amazing, not sure what he drives them with, it could be Pioneer, but he runs two subs, so this may be an option.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi: If we chose everything on looks, we'd all have LG all in one 5.1 wireless systems in our living rooms
emotion-2.gif

LG ? one hath not heardeth of this brand you speaketh of ? Is it like Matsui and Saisho ?

tvspecv:
if you say so...

welcome to the billionaires club.

Come to think of it........even I spent £18000 on my system, except that the furniture around my system alone was worth £11000, & my system is worth £7000, & I certainly am not a billionaire (nor a footballer). It really depends on your preferences. All I wanted was a nice relaxing evening in my lounge enjoying a film
emotion-44.gif

A

Anonymous

welcome to the billionaires club.

Come to think of it........even I spent £18000 on my system, except that the furniture around my system alone was worth £11000, & my system is worth £7000, & I certainly am not a billionaire (nor a footballer). It really depends on your preferences. All I wanted was a nice relaxing evening in my lounge enjoying a film

Very nice system bb, but why would you spend £11000 on veneered mdf ?

A

Anonymous

slewis:johnnyjazz i wish you would use the quote button, it would be so much easier to read.

Got it now slewis sorry

johnnyjazz:

Much of the cost goes on the design & the workmanship. The cost goes up when you need non-standard sizes in your furniture & further up when you choose reputed companies like Neville Johnson. I spend maximum time in the lounge, & only go to the bedroom to sleep. It only made sense to me to spend more on the lounge than any other room. At the end of the day, I'm more than happy with the finished product. That's all that matters to me.

A

Anonymous

bigboss:johnnyjazz:

Much of the cost goes on the design & the workmanship. The cost goes up when you need non-standard sizes in your furniture & further up when you choose reputed companies like Neville Johnson. I spend maximum time in the lounge, & only go to the bedroom to sleep. It only made sense to me to spend more on the lounge than any other room. At the end of the day, I'm more than happy with the finished product. That's all that matters to me.

Understand now, thats right, anything thats custom made is more expensive, thats a one off, very tight fit, nice

johnnyjazz:
Understand now, thats right, anything thats custom made is more expensive, thats a one off, very tight fit, nice

Thanks. Just one more tip regarding how to post quotes: make sure you type your response below "(/quote)" because that's where the box finishes. Otherwise, your response gets included within the box.

A

Anonymous

bigboss:johnnyjazz:

Thanks. Just one more tip regarding how to post quotes: make sure you type your response below "(/quote)" because that's where the box finishes. Otherwise, your response gets included within the box.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts