£1400 to spend .....whats best Television from PC World

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

smarky

Sep 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I was trying to get the 55" Panasonic Plasma, found one in RS, however went to price match with Currys and becasue it wasnt in stock in shop they wouldnt price match. And to get Online price matching it can only be done with John Lewis,Tesco Online, Argos and One other but needless to say none of these had the TV in stock. We are with Nationwide, who have been very good although the voucher system isnt a good for me, due to the fact clearly Currys have the monopoly from my insurance, however better deals can be had else where, but you have to have nominated suppliers. So i went up to my local Currys today to look at the 50 VT50 not in stock. So i really dont know what to get now!! Help?!?!?!?? The guy in Currys tonight said we sell alot of Samsung but they are not my cup of tea we call them LSD Sets!! I siad what do you recommend then he said the New Sony or LG set!? So im still without a TV!!!

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
professorhat said:
smarky said:
Hi,Thanks for reply however due to some F****** lowlife bugling my house, we are currently dealing with insurance and have been given a voucher to use in Currys to replace the TV so we have to use them.

Can you let us know who the insurance company is so I can be sure to avoid them? I don't want to be dictated as to which companies I spend my insurance payout with...

They cannot insist on this, they tried with a friend of mine and when he suggested he raise the matter with the insurance ombudsman they curiosly backed down.

D

Deleted member 2457

smarky said:
Hi,

I was trying to get the 55" Panasonic Plasma, found one in RS, however went to price match with Currys and becasue it wasnt in stock in shop they wouldnt price match. And to get Online price matching it can only be done with John Lewis,Tesco Online, Argos and One other but needless to say none of these had the TV in stock. We are with Nationwide, who have been very good although the voucher system isnt a good for me, due to the fact clearly Currys have the monopoly from my insurance, however better deals can be had else where, but you have to have nominated suppliers. So i went up to my local Currys today to look at the 50 VT50 not in stock. So i really dont know what to get now!! Help?!?!?!?? The guy in Currys tonight said we sell alot of Samsung but they are not my cup of tea we call them LSD Sets!! I siad what do you recommend then he said the New Sony or LG set!? So im still without a TV!!!

The Panasonic is good - no need to demo.

smarky

Sep 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

What model is the Sony? In regards to preferance we want to use it for Sky HD and Films, Blu ray etc so all in all i just want a good TV! Any help is much appreciated.

buzz_lightclick

The W8 model would be in your price bracket (47") and is meant to be pretty good, (especially with 3D) but you can get it much cheaper in other stores.

However, my choice would be the Panasonic VT50, as I prefer the more natural image of plasma tvs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts