Your Song/Track of the Day

Page 53 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Science Fiction (Christine and the Queens)

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

a good album, looks very interesting live and will hopefully catch her at Latitude although looks like she may be clashing with Courtney Barnett.

Cocteau Twins - Frou Frou Foxes In Midsummer Fires

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

jimbofisher said:
This sums it up for me:

The Fun Boy Thee - The Lunatics Have Taken Over The Asylum

When we have President Trump and Boris in #10, it'll be the song I play as I finally give up on the human race.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Will be playing it tomorrow as we drive through passport control having been in Brittany the last two weeks, that is if they let a man born in France and a woman born in Germany back into Little England!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
jimbofisher said:
Will be playing it tomorrow as we drive through passport control having been in Brittany the last two weeks, that is if they let a man born in France and a woman born in Germany back into Little England!

Ahh jimbo, you are so young that you have no idea of how the world works. Why would we not let you in if britain is your home?

Did we travel in europe before the EU? You bet we did.

Has Britain been welcoming to foreign people? refugees? Peoble needing political asylum? You bet we have.

Just prove to me (and anyone else reading) that you have a functioning brain. Just give me one good reason for staying in the EU, just one, can you do that?

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
davedotco said:
jimbofisher said:

Ahh jimbo, you are so young that you have no idea of how the world works. Why would we not let you in if britain is your home?

Did we travel in europe before the EU? You bet we did.

Has Britain been welcoming to foreign people? refugees? Peoble needing political asylum? You bet we have.

Just prove to me (and anyone else reading) that you have a functioning brain. Just give me one good reason for staying in the EU, just one, can you do that?

I am older than you think and was born in France before UK joined the EEC. Yes my quote was flippant but getting a passport wasn't easy in the first place even though both my parents had a British passport, if you remember group passports for school trips I was allowed to be included and had to take my own passport as wasn't born in this country.

One good reason is a reason, my brother has worked in Paris for last 16 years, he does not know what will happen, whether he will have to get a work permit he does not yet know and is thinking of applying for French citizenship. You may think that is being far-fetched but as you mention travelling in EU before we were members I know the issue my father and mother went through in Paris in the 60s. He needs a work permit, no work permit without a permit to live, no permit to live without a work permit, that took a while to to sort out, even then my mother had to sign on at the police station every 3 months, never been arrested before but was a foreigner in another country. My brother is hardly the only Brit who will be having to reconsider their future now.

A very relevant one as I am on holiday is my EHIC card, we are (or were) all entitled to one, this entitles you to the same free health care that a citizen of the EU country you are visiting, living/working in would get if needed, I doubt they will allow us to keep this.

I will leave it there, there are a very large number of reason but the argument has been lost to this country and although I whole-heartedly disagree I accept that as part of democracy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts