Your most recent gig

A

Anonymous

It was a while back, but my last gig was seeing Prince in the Indigo2 at the O2 Arena in 2007. I made the trip from Glasgow to London to see 5 of his shows during his 21 nights there. The mains stage shows were good, but the Indigo2 experience was fantastic, totally different each night

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Hackett at The Robin 2, Bilston, West Midlands

Two evenings ago on the 18th. I was surprised to see one half of Kajagoogoo playing with him (not literally) but what a bass player! That Chapman Stick is a superb-sounding instrument. And who's that young blonde lady playing some occasional rhythm guitar and singing backing vocals? Amanda ??? She's not mentioned on his website anyway. She has the most gorgeous pair of pins I've seen in a long time - my photos don't do her or them justice (not that good looks is a prerequisite of being a good musician). An excellent gig and I don't think I'll get that perfect vantage point again so it was a pity I didn't take my camera and had to make do with my mobile phone cam.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
gpi:Hackett at The Robin 2, Bilston, West Midlands Two evenings ago on the 18th. I was surprised to see one half of Kajagoogoo playing with him (not literally) but what a bass player! That Chapman Stick is a superb-sounding instrument. And who's that young blonde lady playing some occasional rhythm guitar and singing backing vocals? Amanda ??? She's not mentioned on his website anyway. She has the most gorgeous pair of pins I've seen in a long time - my photos don't do her or them justice (not that good looks is a prerequisite of being a good musician). Am excellent gig and I don't think I'll get that perfect vantage point again so it was a pity I didn't take my camera and had to make do with my mobile phone cam.

Never underestimate the talents of the core of Kaja.They are excellent musicians.Mr Beggs is a damned fine exponent of the bass/stick .

idc

gpi:....... I was surprised to see one half of Kajagoogoo playing with him (not literally) but what a bass player! That Chapman Stick is a superb-sounding instrument. And who's that young blonde lady playing some occasional rhythm guitar and singing backing vocals? Amanda ........

I've borrowed a photo off your link, hope that is OK gpi.................

th_DSC00084.jpg

...they are quite a pair and he has quite the Eddie Izzard dress sense.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Erm.......

Designs Of Chaos at The Underworld, Camen last Friday night.

And very good we they were too.
emotion-5.gif

Anyone near Grays in Essex on the evening of the 18th December, D.O.C are playing again.

matthewpiano

Fleetwood Mac at Manchester Evening News Arena about three weeks ago. Absolutely superb from the first note to the last. Even better than when I saw them in 2004.

Also this year I've seen America, Crosby Stills & Nash, Eagles, Ralph McTell, and John Lee's Barclay James Harvest. All excellent.

Its been a vintage year.

Reactions: insider9
A

Anonymous

Opeth last night here in Brisbane Australia one of my all time favorite bands who are always on top of there game i think it's the third or fourth time i've seen them live and i will see them anytime they come here.

Reactions: insider9
A

Anonymous

Martin Taylor and 3 other guitarists at RSAMD Glasgow on sunday 15th november, front seats 15foot away from him FAAANTASTIC

A

Anonymous

8009514:Seeing YES tonight in Bristol. Belated birthday pressie from my daughter. Really looking forward to it, tho Jon Anderson not on the tour.

Who is on vocals then? Not Trevor Horn I hope.

daveh75

NSYGrinner:
8009514:Seeing YES tonight in Bristol. Belated birthday pressie from my daughter. Really looking forward to it, tho Jon Anderson not on the tour.

Who is on vocals then? Not Trevor Horn I hope.

I saw them friday night @ Newcastle City Hall and it was Benoit David on vocals.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Went to see the Walter Trout Band a couple of weeks ago at the Manchester Acadamy. Pretty good but the sound could have been better. Always good value Walter, top man.

Next week at the same venue,it's a double header of John Mayall's old guitarist Buddy Whittington and Aynsley Lister. Old and new school blues. Can't wait.

Finally, in December it's back to the Acadamy for Porcupine Tree, my favourite band. Fantastic live. Brilliant musicians one and all.

A

Anonymous

the eagles at the bham nia in july, and excellent they were to, worth it for joe walshs in the city alone

T

the record spot

Gong and the Steve Hillage Band as support, Edinburgh HMV Picture House last Sunday. Terrific gig; one of Britain's most underrated guitarists, Hillage can lay down the licks without breaking sweat. Like Hackett, people know about him but he's almost still a cult figure.

Gong meanwhile were just brilliant. Hard to believe it's been a good 30 years since I first heard these guys and they've been going since 1967. This was the dream lineup though, so it was a "must get" ticket. Even had Gilli Smyth (born in 1933 I might add, so not bad going for someone in their 70s!) and Mike Howlett playing bass (superb again but a youngster in his late 50s).

Fab night, tons of classic stuff - Camembert Electrique, Oily Way, Inner Temple/Outer Temple, more from the Radio Gnome/Flying Teapot Trilogy albums and they played for over two hours. If you thought Hawkwind were trippy, that's nothing; these guys out-spaced the spaced out ones and then some. Mind-bogglingly good, appropriately enough!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts