Your happy place?

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Feeling grateful this morning, and would love to see spaces that inspire other folk. I’m stuck with cheap sofas & an ugly coffee table in a rented flat, so I surrounded myself with books, vinyl and guitars.

IMG-0412.jpg

Gray

Feeling grateful this morning, and would love to see spaces that inspire other folk. I’m stuck with cheap sofas & an ugly coffee table in a rented flat, so I surrounded myself with books, vinyl and guitars.

IMG-0412.jpg
Very nice👍
If I were to make a change it would be to lose the plant.
If it doesn't shed leaves, it probably needs watering.
Likely a woman's touch, but hi-fi is the only nature you need✅

Plants and pets; never in the same room as hifi.
Controlled children ok.
(The chocolate covered hand of a nephew was once heading for my volume control - family said they'd never seen me move so fast).

Last edited:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site

IMG-0412.jpg
You're not watering your plant on top of your speakers are you?:D
I really like your style, I love the student mess retro look, nice collection of vinyl's also. I have my man-cave I retreat to, my Studio-Fi.

Attachments

• IMG_20230811_170243 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230811_170243 (1).jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Revolutions

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
You're not watering your plant on top of your speakers are you?:D
I really like your style, I love the student mess retro look, nice collection of vinyl's also. I have my man-cave I retreat to, my Studio-Fi.
Nice… not sure I could even tell you what half of those gadgetmethingies are, but it sure looks cool 😎

As for watering the plant: it would take seconds for me to move it. So, of course I don’t. And I often spill water on the speaker cabinet. I like to thank ADHD for that one.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Nice… not sure I could even tell you what half of those gadgetmethingies are, but it sure looks cool 😎

As for watering the plant: it would take seconds for me to move it. So, of course I don’t. And I often spill water on the speaker cabinet. I like to thank ADHD for that one.
It was really difficult to take a pic the sun was blazing into my lens. There you go!

1691775200625.png

1691775254448.png
Look at all those lovely cables. Oh I love cables....:)
1691775336337.png

1691775383409.png

1691775483922.png
1691775890673.png

Last edited:

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Never mind the cables, I'll take the Adams and the Eversolo (you didn't waste any time buying that).
Oh man, they're little gems. The Focal puts in a cameo appearance.
The solid Oak desk was one of my DIY projects, I'm surprised it hasn't dropped through the floor board but yeah they're solid and great stabiliser for the monitors and everything else.
I'm trying to sell as gospel, Studio-Fi provide a different kind of Audio experience.
Near Field monitors are ideal, you can be up close, its as personal as your headphones. You really immersed in the music. That is why I prefer them to the big boys in the main room.

Reactions: Gray

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
Very nice👍
If I were to make a change it would be to lose the plant.
If it doesn't shed leaves, it probably needs watering.
Likely a woman's touch, but hi-fi is the only nature you need✅

Plants and pets; never in the same room as hifi.
Controlled children ok.
(The chocolate covered hand of a nephew was once heading for my volume control - family said they'd never seen me move so fast).
I can't help but agree.

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Quote: " would love to see spaces that inspire other folk. "

This is mine, I have to admit I often fall asleep listening to my fav. music in there
View attachment 5381
I remember when we were house hunting 15 years ago, one of the properties had an annexed house which had been converted into a home theatre just like your photo with actual cinema seating, the rest of the property required about £20K to bring it up to scratch.
I was really sold on this but my missus looked at me and killed my budding aspirations. NO.

kobs

Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
This is the back side of it
Backside.jpg

Somewhere to get away from the World and be in your own space listening to or watching whatever you want.

Well almost, cause this room is still attached to the rest of the house so volume can be a problem ; )
The 3 theater seats in the back are more deco than useful,sound wise it's not the best place to sit

Last edited:

kobs

Aug 27, 2022
Visit site
Originally I had those seats where the chair is but it's not as comfy as the chair and since 90% of the time I'm alone in there... they took a "back seat" lol

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
View attachment 5480

Somewhere to get away from the World and be in your own space listening to or watching whatever you want.

Well almost, cause this room is still attached to the rest of the house so volume can be a problem ; )
The 3 theater seats in the back are more deco than useful,sound wise it's not the best place to sit
Cinema seats oooooh aaahhhh - (y)

Reactions: kobs

JDL

Jun 13, 2023
Visit site
View attachment 5480

That's really cool.

Reactions: kobs

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
@Jasonovich is a terrible influence. My monitors were absolutely fine for recording, but they weren’t great for music listening.

Now music sounds awesome. Only problem is my desk is 60% speaker 😂

IMG-2236.jpg
My Man...Put it there...alright! :ROFLMAO:

I think I must be on a roll, on another thread, I suggested ELAC bookshelf speakers, the OP had gone and purchased one and, you now have the Adams!

The Germans make incredible HiFi, not just cars. I call them my Batman speakers, they not only look great but they sound amazing!
The T series are gems, great budget speakers bar none.
I now have the A's, these are the most magical pair of speakers I heard for £1K+

Hmmm, you need a bigger desk. :)

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
My Man...Put it there...alright! :ROFLMAO:

I think I must be on a roll, on another thread, I suggested ELAC bookshelf speakers, the OP had gone and purchased one and, you now have the Adams!

The Germans make incredible HiFi, not just cars. I call them my Batman speakers, they not only look great but they sound amazing!
The T series are gems, great budget speakers bar none.
I now have the A's, these are the most magical pair of speakers I heard for £1K+

Hmmm, you need a bigger desk. :)
It was a great suggestion, thanks. Can only imagine what their premium range sounds like.

The only regret is I should have checked the size before assuming 5” cones would have fairly small enclosures 😁 I’m only in this flat temporarily, so hopefully I’ll have a dedicated recording room soon & can buy an appropriately sized desk.

The other slightly ridiculous outcome is the proximity of two cool sounding music sources…
IMG-2239.jpg

Reactions: DougK1

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
Great setup and all in one room, quite a feat!

I have effectively three hifi setups (not counting the mini-me hifi in the diner, Bluetooth really isn't hifi!).

My study, is more studio orientated setting, balanced professional cables, top end stuff and the best sounding. The hifi in the bedroom, I recently invested in a new pair of speakers and amplification, more traditional hifi and also great sounding.

The lounge hifi is more movies and entertainment focused, though most of the time, these are on standby because the missus prefers the peace and quiet :)
Much better when you get your own recording room :)

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Oh man, they're little gems. The Focal puts in a cameo appearance.
The solid Oak desk was one of my DIY projects, I'm surprised it hasn't dropped through the floor board but yeah they're solid and great stabiliser for the monitors and everything else.
I'm trying to sell as gospel, Studio-Fi provide a different kind of Audio experience.
Near Field monitors are ideal, you can be up close, its as personal as your headphones. You really immersed in the music. That is why I prefer them to the big boys in the main room.
I'm seriously considering the Adams speakers for my old dad.
He has a tiny out of the way room he's converting in a large dorma bungalow, it's that small it's more like a large walk in closet to give you an idea.
How exactly do you have them rigged up.
He has a half decent laptop I sourced for him and access to Spotify premium.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I'm seriously considering the Adams speakers for my old dad.
He has a tiny out of the way room he's converting in a large dorma bungalow, it's that small it's more like a large walk in closet to give you an idea.
How exactly do you have them rigged up.
He has a half decent laptop I sourced for him and access to Spotify premium.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Happy to assist Stuart :)

Adams T series are at the budget end, each speaker has D Class amplification, so the actual footprint is ideal if you have limited space. If you're on a budget, match the Adams up with WiiM Pro Plus, you can then link your laptop or mobile phone via Bluetooth or Chromecast, also if he has an integrated phono turntable/CD Player, he can run it through the WiiM.

My Adams A7V's are rigged up in two different ways via the PC or the Digital Transport, both inputs are fed into the Eversolo DAC using USB B and C. The analogue Balanced XLR output from the DAC is fed into the SingXer head amp, the XLR output from there is fed into the Focal Sub Woofer, and the XLR output (loop) from there is fed into the Adams.

The WiiM Pro Plus feeds into the Eversolo via coaxial but also has a separate output through analogue RCA to the Adams, so if I don't want to turn everything on and I just want to stream music directly to the speakers I can do that (without the need of the DAC, head amp and subwoofer but that's always there if I need it via the coaxial connection).

My work laptop is fed into the Eversolo through optical connection, my microphone is directly linked into the laptop through the USB.
We really don't need all that complication, not unless you're thinking of a similar setup.

In a basic set up, you can use the WiiM as the main hub and run all other devices through it. The speakers are active, you don't need an amp and it will accept the RCA speaker output from the WiiM Pro Plus.

The costs, approx. £500 or cheaper if you find a better deal than Amazon, worth also checking Gear4Music and other sites.

1704800925550.png
1704801105962.png

Team.JPG

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts