Your favorite hifi publication?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I subscribe to about 5 of them I think. The only one I don't read is What HIFI.

My personal favourite is also Hifi news and record reviews .

Some great reviews , unfortunately some of on gear I will never be able to afford

sheggs

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I've never read HFNRR but will def check out. I like HiFi + for its quality of presentstion and in depth reviews on the whole. Does have some odd turns of phrase at times though probably just the characters of the reviewers showing through which isn't necessarily a bad thing

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Womaz said:

Some great reviews , unfortunately some of on gear I will never be able to afford

You are not doing to badly at present ;-)

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Are you secretly in love with vlad? Why do you keep trying to provoke him everytime he posts on here?

Your playground insults are getting almost as annoying as his. But will try not to be quite so wuff on the poor little sensitive soul in future, and acknowledge his view that yes, he does own this forum.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Womaz said:

I agree: it's a bit like reading the supercar magazines. I'll never be able to afford most of the stuff they write about, but it's enjoyable to read a good writer describing how it performs.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Andrewjvt said:
Are you secretly in love with vlad? Why do you keep trying to provoke him everytime he posts on here?

Your playground insults are getting almost as annoying as his. But will try not to be quite so wuff on the poor little sensitive soul in future, and acknowledge his view that yes, he does own this forum.

There, there...

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
drummerman said:
Womaz said:

You are not doing to badly at present ;-)

Yes over the last couple of year I have upgraded my kit to levels I could only have dreamed of a few year ago. New speakers are being demoed as we speak. The Devialet has made all the difference. I have never listened to music as much or I enjoyed it as much/

I have overspent in relation to what I earn and I know I am very lucky to have what i have *biggrin*

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
matt49 said:
Stereophile (or as the autocorrect would have it, Stereo Phil).

The speaker reviews in particular are excellent.

I especially liked the very thorough job they did recently on what is seemingly an excellent little speaker from Technics. Good to see them getting excited about what is (almost) an affordable design: raves over mega-$$$ speakers are a bit too obvious and easy, but this seemed something special.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Andrewjvt said:

We thank you kindly

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
i just thought i would try a new magazine hifi world i think its a good magazine with full tests on everything and all hifi and nothing more great *clapping*

I love the way they put snow on the logo for the Christmas edition: haven't seen a magazine do that since I used to read the Beano. ;-)

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I love the flowery descriptions in 6moons reviews for the lols. They seem to desribe sound like a wine taster describes wine.

I don't know if they have a magazine or not but the website has loads of reviews.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It's the first time I have come across a Hifi magazine that do measurement tests on amps + speakers and so on they test for sound quality , like frequency response , distortion and dynamic range as well as those that affect compatibility , such as output level power etc they test this things inside out all the amp reviews I have read Hifi world magazine have a flat response but the speakers do not anyway I thought it was a good read

shadders

Hi,

What do people think regarding the cost of equipment? How much would you be willing to pay for a mono amplifier, or a stereo amplifier, where they have a very high power capability and are very load tolerant?

Regards,

Shadders.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
shadders said:
What do people think regarding the cost of equipment? How much would you be willing to pay for a mono amplifier, or a stereo amplifier, where they have a very high power capability and are very load tolerant?

Not too sure what this has to do with the subject of this thread. Perhaps you should start a new one?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts