Your Dream Music System

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone

YOUR DREAM SYSTEM

What is your dream Hi-Fi music system to own?

What is the best music system (to your ears) you have auditioned so far?

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

The best system I've ever heard was a pair of B&W Nautilus 800's through some Mark Levinson CD Player/Pre-Amp/Monoblocks. Stunningly realistic, I'd love to buy the kit, but even to buy it now, used, would cost in excess of £20k!

In terms of dream to own, probably that system as mentioned. Maybe with Classe electronics instead. A CAP-2100 with Nautilus 800's is relatively do-able this year I reckon...

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Monstrous said:
The best system I've ever heard was a pair of B&W Nautilus 800's through some Mark Levinson CD Player/Pre-Amp/Monoblocks. Stunningly realistic, I'd love to buy the kit, but even to buy it now, used, would cost in excess of £20k!

In terms of dream to own, probably that system as mentioned. Maybe with Classe electronics instead. A CAP-2100 with Nautilus 800's is relatively do-able this year I reckon...

Monstrous

Great to know this. Thanks for the response. May your dream be fulfilled soon....

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My immediate family and frends are not HiFi nuts so the best system I've ever heard is probably my own. That's good because if I'd heard something which was obviously a billion times better I would no longer be satisfied with mine lol.

I don't have stratospheric ambitions because I will never ever have the budget to match, but I would like to have a full Cyrus system with CDP, pre-amp, DACS, mono amps and PSXs. As I've mentioned elsewhere, the speakers and TT would stay because I think they'd survive a fair few upgrades before being the new weakest links.

matthewpiano

As I've said a few times the best system I've ever heard was one put together by UKD featuring CD and vinyl sources by Unison Research, valve amplification by Unison Research and some big floorstanders by Opera. It was the most tangible music making I've ever heard on a hi-fi set-up and I could have listened to it for hours on end. That level of natural, flowing realism is very special indeed.

tyranniux42

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Best system
I hve hear is re one I'm buying ( or rather topping up tomorrow).

My current naim xs driving ovator 400's with a naim cd5xs for the signals. Magic.

T

the record spot

Not far from where it is now. Something that gives me good fidelity and the means to access it wherever I can. With that in mind, it's a combination of the right recordings and the connectivity to access them. That covers a lot of platforms just now, so there's no one "dream" system. If anything, it's accessibility more than anything.

matthewpiano

medST252008.jpg

thumb-td309-2011.jpg
cd120Linear.jpg

untitled-1_56_71.jpg
A more manageable version of my dream system. Consonance CD-120 Linear, Thorens Turntable, Icon Audio Stereo 25 plus some nice, easy to drive speakers in the form of the Focal 806v.

StevenKay

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
A more manageable version of my dream system. Consonance CD-120 Linear, Thorens Turntable, Icon Audio Stereo 25 plus some nice, easy to drive speakers in the form of the Focal 806v.

Impressive!

i8nm3gp

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
a system installed in a 5m x 8m gamazened walled room with a solid wooden ceiling and insulated piping inside the walls for hidden cabling. A wooden entrance door on the side and a glass sliding door overlooking the pool and garden area. The room must have removable seats to be turned into a dancefloor for house parties, new years parties and family parties. You gna need some "drunkard proof" protection so a projector installed on the ceiling and a 9.2 channel amp with zone 2 capabilities for two weatherproof speakers intsalled outside facing the pool/garden area. An apple mac mini as the media hub of the system so that the host can dj/control the system via an iphone app. I leave the speaker choice up to you guys! :dance:

Um

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Covenanter said:
Although I'm getting old i still tend to dream of girls rather than music systems.
smiley-cool.gif

Chris

here here

although if I have to choose it would be

Dynaudio Xeo installed by Scarlett Johanson

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Covenanter said:
Although I'm getting old i still tend to dream of girls rather than music systems.
smiley-cool.gif

Chris

. . . its still unclear which is likely to get you most in trouble with the wife . . .

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
StevenKay said:
Hi Everyone

YOUR DREAM SYSTEM

What is your dream Hi-Fi music system to own?

What is the best music system (to your ears) you have auditioned so far?

Thanks in advance.

By way of a marginally more serious answer to the question, perhaps:

Magico Q7's

MSB's new Diamond Select DAC and matching UMP disc spinner

Mark Levinson No. 52 or Constellation Altair II preamp

Constellation Hercules II monoblocs

I'm not into vinyl (yet), but you may as well chuck in an AirForce One TT and matching base as well

You can wire it all up with Crytal Cable Absolute Dream cabling too, just for the hell of it.

And of course a properly sized acoustically designed and treated room to listen to it all in . .

Not much (if any) change out of half a million quid, but you did say 'Dream' . . . .

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
A custom made 5.1 active speaker system and listening room all designed and installed by Quested. Why think of the room and speakers as two separate entities when you can have them both designed to work perfectly together in unison.

Untitled_zps538f4e38.jpg

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
WishTree said:
It would be a fully active version of Vivid Audio G3/G4 or may be a G5. Till the time Vivid makes it, I think I am very happy with my current set up!

I'd be tempted to hire Martin Grindrod to custom build some amplifiers and crossovers to convert a pair of B&W 800 Diamond's into actives.

lejockey

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
2 systems really. One based around quad esl63's, then if I wanted to listen to something with some low end, a pair of ATC scm100 towers. My 2 favorite speakers :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts