Yet another AV / Stereo integration question....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just wondered if say instead of using something like a nait xs amp for running your front speakers for stereo, would ikt be possible to do exactly the same with a pre/power set up, for example the 150 and 122 combo?

Also, is the 122x and 150x combo a better sounding set up for stereo than an xs?

Many thanks

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Gander:
Just wondered if say instead of using something like a nait xs amp for running your front speakers for stereo, would ikt be possible to do exactly the same with a pre/power set up, for example the 150 and 122 combo?

Also, is the 122x and 150x combo a better sounding set up for stereo than an xs?

Many thanks

can't answer the second question but yes to the first

Messiah

As far as connecting it to a Pre/Power, it would be the same as connecting it to an integrated. The Pre-Outs from the Receiver would connect to a spare input on the Pre, just as it would on an integrated. The fact that there is a seperate connection to a power amp will not effect it.

As for the Naim comparison, cannot help there I'm afraid.

A

Anonymous

Gander:

Auditioned the nait xs and 122xs/155xs last week. Using the CD5xs CD player there was enough of a difference for me to hear. The pre-power sounded less stressed somehow and significantly more enjoyable. Unity gain is a feature so integration into AV should be easy.

A

Anonymous

Thanks fellas
emotion-21.gif

edit: just noted that you tested the xs integrated against the xs pre / power. I am currently looking at the X and not the XS. If anyone has any opinions / experience whether the 122x and 150X pre / power combo would be better than the XS i would be happy to here your views.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts