Yamaha YSP-4300 Sound Projector

alun

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I will be replacing my 14 year old MISSION FS2 Series 5.1 speaker kit with the YAMAHA YSP-4300 Sound Projector. The change is because of room alteration. I fully understand Sound Projectors are different to Surround Speakers and I know that the YSP-4300 use sound beams that bounce off the walls. Auditioned the YSP-4300 at the What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision Bristol Show on 23/02/2013 and liked very much. Do you think this would be a good change for me, baring in mind Surround Speakers are no longer an option for me.

ALAYTON81

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
If you absolutely cannot have surround speakers, then a soundbar is the next best option, and the Yamahas seem to be the best out there. I have only heard the YSP2200 and it sounded good, although since you already have a 5.1 set-up you will obviously notice any weaknesses in the surround sound much more than someone who has not previously had a 5.1 set-up in their own home. I suppose one option wouuld be to see if you can get someone to let you test the soundbar at home.

The other thing is that reviews of the newer soundbars, YSP3300 and 4300 have been very slow (I can't find a single expert review on the internet), which is a bit surprising given the fanfare that accompanied the YSP2200 (Whathifi raved about on release). As I understand it, the main difference in the newer models is they are designed to be better with music (which is the YSP2200's main weakness), although the YSP-4300 has more speakers than the 2200 (23 as opposed to 16). I suspect these will be high quality products, but it would be good to see an expert review for confirmation of that...Whathifi, any chance of a review of one of these newer models?

ALAYTON81

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
If you absolutely cannot have surround speakers, then a soundbar is the next best option, and the Yamahas seem to be the best out there. I have only heard the YSP2200 and it sounded good, although since you already have a 5.1 set-up you will obviously notice any weaknesses in the surround sound much more than someone who has not previously had a 5.1 set-up in their own home. I suppose one option wouuld be to see if you can get someone to let you test the soundbar at home.

The other thing is that reviews of the newer soundbars, YSP3300 and 4300 have been very slow (I can't find a single expert review on the internet), which is a bit surprising given the fanfare that accompanied the YSP2200 (Whathifi raved about on release). As I understand it, the main difference in the newer models is they are designed to be better with music (which is the YSP2200's main weakness), although the YSP-4300 has more speakers than the 2200 (23 as opposed to 16). I suspect these will be high quality products, but it would be good to see an expert review for confirmation of that...Whathifi, any chance of a review of one of these newer models?

alun

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you Alayton81 for your input. I have heard the YSP-2200 in a relative's home, which I thought was pretty good. I should imagine the YSP-4300 will be better. I have been waiting for What Hi-Fi Sound and Vision to review it. What Hi-Fi Sound and Vsion is my Bible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts