Yamaha Sound Bars

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi peeps,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out?

I'm currently decorating my entire house, and i've decided to change my surround system, i've currently got a Pioneer LX01 but i want the room to look tider when it's finished with less speaker cables,i've been looking at the Yamaha Sound Bar Range, the room is medium to small size.

I have the following queries:

1. I've got a 40inch TV, so would it be silly to go for a YSP 5100 in lieu of a YSP4100, or does it have superior performance?

2. Is the YSP 2200 a better option in terms of performance instead of the above? What are the pro's and con's

3. Would i be stepping down from an LX01 to a Yamaha Sound Bar in terms of sound performance? i dont really turn on the DVR on the LX01 and tend just to use the sub unit for films / sports etc, so it's a bit wasted really.

4. Is it best to pair the YSP 4100 / YSP 5100 with the matching sub, or does anyone suggest a better sub unit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mike Worrall

A

Anonymous

Hi Mike,

If you are decorating, chase in the LX01cables, it ought to out perform a soundbar.

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Mike,

I own a Yamaha YSP-2200 and can highly recommend. If you are looking to wall mount it may be worth looking at a YSP-4100, this has a wall bracket you can purchase and also has 'mid bass drivers which should help with sound quality, still suggest an active sub though. My YSP-2200 is great on a stand but not suitable for wall mounting, you could place on shelf though. Unit does not have active sub and has no midbass drivers, great sound but suggest getting a demo. Sorry i am not familiar with the Pioneer. If you search YSP-2200 on here you should see several mini reviews and replies where i have sung the Yamaha's praises.

Of note i think the 4100 is 1040mm where as the 2200 is around 960, so worth looking at width and height if you are looking at siting either. The 4100 is i think 20cm high so around 3rdish size of 40". You should find manuals online if you search.

Kind Regards,

Cookie Monster

TRENDING THREADS