Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi all.

quick question regarding the Yammy YSP-2200

I want to connect my

* Virgin media Tivo

* sony blu ray

* xbox 360

I currently have 1 HDMI lead in the tv could I use this one out of the tv into the yammy HDMI out port.

Then use the 3 hdmi ins for the tivo, 360 and blu ray? for both audio and video signals?

Therefore all on the same source channel on tv.

OR would I need 3 hdmi leads all connected to the tv?

thanks

clle

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I have Sky and a Bluray player. For Sky I have connected the HDMI directly to the TV for the picture and an Optical lead from sky to the Yahama for audio (you can not get 5.1 Dolby Digital through HDMI with Sky - do not know if this is the same for Virgin). For the bluray I have an HDMI lead to the Yahama and then another from the Yahama HDMI out to the TV. Hope this helps.

DrizztDan

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
hmm nay not really answer my question. Basically does the yammy act as an av receiver?

would i be able to connect like this:-

* TV ----HDMI------into Yammy (HDMI out port)

* Yammy (hdmi in) -----HDMI -----into sony blu ray HDMI

* yammy (HDMI IN) -----------HDMI-----into virgin Tivo, HDMI

*yammy (HDMI in )----------HDMI ------into xbox360 , hdmi

Therefore just 1 lead into my tv ???

jacking

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Yes, you've answered your own question. Connect all your equipment to any available HDMI inputs on the Yamaha (and asign them as you wish) and connect the Yamaha to your TV from its HDMI out socket.

A

Anonymous

Hi, interested in your set up. I am about to take possession of a Panasonic GT30 3D TV and a Pan BDT110 bluray player + Sky 3D HD. Interesting re your comment about Sky needing an optical cable to the 2200! By optical, do you mean a Toslink?

I'm a bit new to all this and need advice on the cabling connections for optimum set-up. Also does anyone have any suggestions re the HDMI (+Toslink?) to buy? What-Hi have loads that have 5 *, from what you've said I'll need 3 HDMI cables and 1 optical? I don't really want to spend more than £70 per cable! What-Hi rated the Audioquest Pearl HDMI @ £23 each, would that suffice? Any input gratefully received (P.S. Is the 2200 a doddle to set up?)

Thanks

A

Anonymous

DAVERICH said:
Hi, interested in your set up. I am about to take possession of a Panasonic GT30 3D TV and a Pan BDT110 bluray player + Sky 3D HD. Interesting re your comment about Sky needing an optical cable to the 2200! By optical, do you mean a Toslink?

I'm a bit new to all this and need advice on the cabling connections for optimum set-up. Also does anyone have any suggestions re the HDMI (+Toslink?) to buy? What-Hi have loads that have 5 *, from what you've said I'll need 3 HDMI cables and 1 optical? I don't really want to spend more than £70 per cable! What-Hi rated the Audioquest Pearl HDMI @ £23 each, would that suffice? Any input gratefully received (P.S. Is the 2200 a doddle to set up?)

Thanks

To the best of my knowledge all you'll need is 2 x HDMI cables going from your bluray and sky hd box to the yamaha 2200 and then another HDMI going from the yamaha to your tv. I'm not sure why you'd complicate this with an optical cable as it isn't needed. HDMI cables carry both audio and video signals like the old scart cables did, You'll only need an optical cable if youve got the old grey sky+ box. As for the yamaha 2200 set up, yes its quite straight forward.

A

Anonymous

It depends wether the Yamaha needs a 5.1 or 2.0 signal to produce its surround effect, as the sky box only sends Dolby digital 2.0 via HDMI, so if in needs a 5.1 signal then yes it will require a seperate Optical cable. As for virgin TiVo it can send 5.1 via the HDMi, so no seperate lead needed there.

clle

May 31, 2008
Visit site
The only way you can get 5.1 Dolby digital sound through sky is by connecting an optical lead from the sky box to the Yahama. You only get stereo sound if you use the HDMI for sound for sky.

Sorry I must have been typing this reply as the comment above was being sent.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the input guys, much appreciated!

I was about to order the yammy, but had a thought, the Pan GT30 on the stand is quite low and from the edge to the screen is quite thin, do you know if the yammy obscures the bottom of the screen, albeit by a very small amount?

Also, I believe the 3D on the GT30 is transmitted from the frame, will having the yammy potentially blocking the bottom edge of the frame affect the 3D transmission?

A

Anonymous

Hi Clee, I'm having problems setting my Yamaha up as well. What did you do regarding setting your inputs up on the yamahas menu? I've attached an optical lead but the manuals really confusing me.

Cheers .

clle

May 31, 2008
Visit site
For sky I have the HDMI lead from sky straight to the tv HDMI 1 connection for pictures and for audio an optical lead from sky box to the input 1 connection on the back of the Yahama. For bluray/DVD a HDMI lead from the player to the Yahama HDMI 2 connector and another HDMI lead from the Yahama HDMI out to the TV HDMI 2 connector. When I watch sky the tv is set to HDMI 1 and the Yahama set to input 1, for bluray/DVD the tv is set to HDMI 2 and Yahama set to HDMI 2. Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Hello, To DrizztDan really, or anyone into gaming i wondered what yer xbox gaming sounds like through the yam ysp-2200?? Its my main thing and i didnt want a load of speakers a more compact affair as i have a smaller house! Does it sound well?? anyone whose tried cheers Dave. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts