Yamaha S2100 / cd2100

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Blacksabbath25 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Blacksabbath

Yamaha A-S3000 and CD-S3000 video

https://youtu.be/JBXoqQQ5srg

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
thanks Rick lovely video the insides look just as good as the out side so well put together too and has a lovely sound too

Hi Blacksabbath

You're welcome. The soundtrack (District 9 - Clinton Shorter) compliments the video/products perfectly.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I have to ask you

Seems your really happy with your new yamaha, does part of you wish for the s3000 amp? Or are you done for now and very happy.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
I have to ask you

Seems your really happy with your new yamaha, does part of you wish for the s3000 amp? Or are you done for now and very happy.
hi Andrew

i am very happy with the Yamaha S2100 and cd2100 there is no need to get the S3000 as the S2100 as plenty of power .

I now had both units for 2 or 3 weeks and still surprised by it detail that it comes out with . It has the best top end extension I have ever heard and the best music separation I've heard yet in a amp . Very good at controlling bass and bass is nice and low down and instrument sound natural and real .

i think the Yamaha is a matched made in heaven for my speakers and my speakers are 4ohm speakers and the Yamaha drives them lovely so no power issues. .

i really can not fault the Yamaha at all both units are very good and now finding myself enjoying music more I actually turn off the uv meters and cd display when listening to music now and I know the uv meters are a selling point . But you will find you do not look at the Hifi anymore just listen to the music so know I do not regret not getting the Yamaha S3000 at all but if the price dropped on one to around £1000 it would be a serious steal and I could find my self eating my words here but I have found Hifi heaven I just need to buy a streaming device and a TT and I am sorted out .

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:
I have to ask you

hi Andrew 

i am very happy with the Yamaha S2100 and cd2100 there is no need to get the S3000 as the S2100 as plenty of power .

I now had both units for 2 or 3 weeks and still surprised by it detail that it comes out with . It has the best top end extension I have ever heard and the  best music separation I've heard yet in a amp . Very good at controlling bass and bass is nice and low down and instrument sound natural and real .

i think the Yamaha is a matched made in heaven for my speakers and my speakers are 4ohm speakers and the Yamaha drives them lovely so no power issues. .

i really can not fault the Yamaha at all both units are very good and now finding myself enjoying music more I actually turn off the uv meters and cd display when listening to music now and I know the uv meters are a selling point . But you will find you do not look at the Hifi anymore just listen to the music so know I do not regret not getting the Yamaha S3000 at all but if the price dropped on one to around £1000 it would be a serious steal and I could find my self eating my words here but I have found Hifi heaven I just need to buy a streaming device and a TT and I am sorted out .

Sounds like a very good set up you have now. And also your old amp was also very good already so it must be very good. Im glad for you enjoy

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:
I have to ask you

hi Andrew

I now had both units for 2 or 3 weeks and still surprised by it detail that it comes out with . It has the best top end extension I have ever heard and the best music separation I've heard yet in a amp . Very good at controlling bass and bass is nice and low down and instrument sound natural and real .

Sounds like a very good set up you have now. And also your old amp was also very good already so it must be very good. Im glad for you enjoy
i hate to say it but the yamaha is loads better then the abe amp was the yamaha is light years a head of it the yamaha was what i was after on the sound front its just a shame it taken me so long to get there and the money i have wasted to get here . i am very happy now i love it its nice when you do get things right . enjoy your new speakers mate i hope you like them .

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
iceman16 said:
I would like to hear the Yamaha A-S3000 and Luxman L-505UX side by side.

Isnt the Yamaha about twice the price of the 505-UX? Here it's pricier than the 507ux as well by about 20%, so I'd assume that it's pitched against the 509.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
ID. said:
iceman16 said:
I would like to hear the Yamaha A-S3000 and Luxman L-505UX side by side.

Isnt the Yamaha about twice the price of the 505-UX? Here it's pricier than the 507ux as well by about 20%, so I'd assume that it's pitched against the 509.
the yamaha S3000 is meant to be better then the luxman but which amp he had i do not no . i watch a youtube video of a chap who had a luxman and compaired it with the yamaha S3000 and he liked the yamaha better but guessing by what he had i would say it was in the same ball park as the yamaha was

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
i hate to say it but the yamaha is loads better then the abe amp was the yamaha is light years a head of it the yamaha was what i was after on the sound front its just a shame it taken me so long to get there and the money i have wasted to get here . i am very happy now i love it its nice when you do get things right . enjoy your new speakers mate i hope you like them .

That's all part of the fun and the journey in this hobby - just when you 'think' you have found something you stumble upon something that improves it for you - I have done that countless times. Your new setup looks very nice - enjoy!

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
radiorog said:
Hey Blacksabbath, interesting and good to hear you have got a great new amp, I was just curious why you didnt go for the two nord amps that would have cost the same?
hi I wanted a dealer that was close to me

I wanted a reliably Hifi as I had issues with the abrahamsen cdplayer which I was not happy which is not Colin fault but abrahamsen fault for really bad customer service that puts me off

the abrahamsen 2up was very good but not as good as the Yamaha is not even close

I've not heard the nord amps so I can not comment on them but still risky as Colin not been making them long and over £2000 I do not want to take a chance really I'd rather spend that kind of money On a product that has lots of history and a good warranty . if the Yamaha goes wrong I just take it back its gets fixed or the shop gives me a replacement under the Yamaha warranty and its local to me .

the Yamaha S2100 and cdS2100 sound amazing and they are outstanding products and the build is outstanding too and looks better then 1 nord aluminium box that would of end up costing me over £2000 .

also there is a lot more connection on the Yamaha I also get a very good phono stage that will do mm / mc for a TT when I get one the Yamaha ticks a lots of boxes for me .

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
radiorog said:
Hey Blacksabbath, interesting and good to hear you have got a great new amp, I was just curious why you didnt go for the two nord amps that would have cost the same?

I wanted a  reliably Hifi as I had issues with the abrahamsen cdplayer which I was not happy which is not  Colin fault but abrahamsen fault for really bad customer service that puts me off 

the abrahamsen 2up was very good but not as good as the Yamaha is not even close 

I've not heard the nord amps so I can not comment on them but still risky as Colin not been making them long and over £2000 I do not want to take a chance really I'd rather spend that kind of money On a product that has lots of history and a good warranty . if the Yamaha goes wrong I just take it back its gets fixed or the shop gives me a replacement under the Yamaha warranty and its local to me .

the Yamaha S2100 and cdS2100 sound amazing and they are outstanding products and the build is outstanding too and looks better then 1 nord aluminium box that would of end up costing  me over £2000 .

also there is a lot more connection on the Yamaha I also get a very good phono stage that will do mm / mc for a TT when I get one the Yamaha ticks a lots  of boxes for me .
Fair dos. I hadnt realised you hadnt heard the nord amps. I thought in your dedication in the pursuit for sonic excellence and your pleasure with the abrahamsen yoy would have gone for a listen. You obviously really raye the yamaha over the abrahamsen which I am really surprised at, it must sound blooming marvellous! Nice one.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Yamaha. I've never heard any of their expensive high end gear but the budget and mid range stuff is usually much better than the more expensive over priced '5 star' equipment from smaller firms with fashionable names.

Really smart looking system BTW blacksabbath. Did you go for the back or silver?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
radiorog said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
radiorog said:

I wanted a reliably Hifi as I had issues with the abrahamsen cdplayer which I was not happy which is not Colin fault but abrahamsen fault for really bad customer service that puts me off

the Yamaha S2100 and cdS2100 sound amazing and they are outstanding products and the build is outstanding too and looks better then 1 nord aluminium box that would of end up costing me over £2000 .

also there is a lot more connection on the Yamaha I also get a very good phono stage that will do mm / mc for a TT when I get one the Yamaha ticks a lots of boxes for me .
Fair dos. I hadnt realised you hadnt heard the nord amps. I thought in your dedication in the pursuit for sonic excellence and your pleasure with the abrahamsen yoy would have gone for a listen. You obviously really raye the yamaha over the abrahamsen which I am really surprised at, it must sound blooming marvellous! Nice one.
the Yamaha sound is seriously very good and knowing that the Yamaha S2100 and s3000 have been out now for 3 or 4 years it's seriously underrated Hifi . But I do understand that maybe if the Yamaha were paired up with the wrong speakers it may not sound so good as my Dali opticon's do on the Yamaha I do not no . The cdplayer has an excellent dac on board and every cd I put on I just hear new detail that I never thought was on the cd and some of my cd collection I've own from 1988 and no the albums very well so I know it's not my mind playing tricks here so yes I finally found what I was after at last .

I've ordered the Yamaha music cast pre so I can stream and hear Internet radio and then the last thing to buy will be a TT which I have in mind the pro ject Classic deck which I like the look of and should go nicely with the Yamaha .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
I'm a big fan of Yamaha. I've never heard any of their expensive high end gear but the budget and mid range stuff is usually much better than the more expensive over priced '5 star' equipment from smaller firms with fashionable names.

Really smart looking system BTW blacksabbath. Did you go for the back or silver?
I went for the black one with the matching cdplayer in black too .

It is unusual to have a good looking Hifi as well as really good sound that's a bonus .

there is a refurbished Yamaha S3000 on eBay at the moment the same place I brought mine from for £2200 that's a bargain in black .

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
IMG_0115.jpg
IMG_0117.jpg

here is my lovely hifi 1970s style *smile*

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

Question: are the speakers not too close?
it looks that why but they are well away from the back wall

The distance apart not the distance from wall.

Should be normally same distance apart to the listen position to get best sound (normally)

Mine is also closer than listen but is as much apart as possible.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

Should be normally same distance apart to the listen position to get best sound (normally)
they are 2 meters apart they do sound good like this but i am trying to get the wife to get rid of a sofer that no one sits on then i will be able to put them wider apart [ i am working on the wife } *smile*

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

they are 2 meters apart they do sound good like this but i am trying to get the wife to get rid of a sofer that no one sits on then i will be able to put them wider apart [ i am working on the wife } *smile*

2m aint so bad though
I really like your amp with the meters

Hi blacksabbath

I forgot to add that we should hopefully be taking in Yamaha's Centennial CX-10000 pre amp and MX-10000 power amp (trade ins). Old school and then some
regular_smile.gif

Btw, i thought it was on this thread but were/are you looking for a T-S1000? If so then there is a new one in Black finish available.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
I forgot to add that we should hopefully be taking in Yamaha's Centennial CX-10000 pre amp and MX-10000 power amp (trade ins). Old school and then some

Btw, i thought it was on this thread but were/are you looking for a T-S1000? If so then there is a new one in Black finish available.

The House Rules are on holiday.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi blacksabbath

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
thanks Rick I would have to pass on the Yamaha T-S1000 as your right I was looking for one but I found out that they will be switching off the fm transmitter in 2 years which is a shame and did not know at the time of asking about one .

So I've ended up pre ordering the Yamaha Cx50 music cast which is out at some point this month . so Cx 50 will not look as good as the T-S1000 would of done but thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts