• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Yamaha S2100 / cd2100

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Well-known member
Jun 2, 2008
1,232
4
19,195
Blacksabbath25 said:
...thanks Rick I would have to pass on the Yamaha T-S1000 as your right I was looking for one but I found out that they will be switching off the fm transmitter in 2 years which is a shame and did not know at the time of asking about one
I wouldn't worry too much about that. It has been repeatedly delayed over the years and the frequencies are no longer as valuable as they used to be (so not as attractive for Government to auction off).

FM as a whole was never intended to be shut down anyway. All the local stations (independent and BBC) would have remained. Only the 'nationals' would have been closed.

I think it will be many years until anyone in Government can be bothered with it again. They seem to be a bit busy lately!

Even I am considering buying a diddy little Pro-ject Tuner Box S (£129) to make use of my already existing, dedicated, FM roof aerial. It's about the size of a packet of fags and rather good apparently.

It's a bit of a daft notion - given how good internet radio performance is nowadays - but I am craving a bit of FM action and it doesn't cost too much.
 

Blacksabbath25

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2015
293
82
10,970
alchemist 1 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
here is my lovely hifi 1970s style *smile*
Look fantastic *music2*

You really are tempting me to upgrade from my AS2000's

No problem in stacking these beauties ??
no issues with them being stacked like that as they both weigh a ton I will buy a rack when I buy a turntable but its out of the way from my little one as she can not reach it there . That's how the Hifi bug goes but seriously it is a very nise Hifi that looks good and sounds good . Not sure if your from the uk but there is a Yamaha S-3000 amp on eBay mint for £1800 in black if you were thinking about it .
 

MUSICRAFT

Well-known member
Hi spiny norman

The former was just meant to be as just general chat regarding old school products.

With regards to the latter i was having a chat with Yamaha and i happened to recall that OP looking for the T-S1000. I asked them about theT-S1000. They checked and they got back and told me that there is one in stock and in Black finish too. It was genuinely only meant to inform the OP and nothing more.

Apologies if it came across otherwise.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
 

Blacksabbath25

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2015
293
82
10,970
chebby said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
...thanks Rick I would have to pass on the Yamaha T-S1000 as your right I was looking for one but I found out that they will be switching off the fm transmitter in 2 years which is a shame and did not know at the time of asking about one
I wouldn't worry too much about that. It has been repeatedly delayed over the years and the frequencies are no longer as valuable as they used to be (so not as attractive for Government to auction off).

FM as a whole was never intended to be shut down anyway. All the local stations (independent and BBC) would have remained. Only the 'nationals' would have been closed.

I think it will be many years until anyone in Government can be bothered with it again. They seem to be a bit busy lately!

Even I am considering buying a diddy little Pro-ject Tuner Box S (£129) to make use of my already existing, dedicated, FM roof aerial. It's about the size of a packet of fags and rather good apparently.

It's a bit of a daft notion - given how good internet radio performance is nowadays - but I am craving a bit of FM action and it doesn't cost too much.
yes I do love the sound of FM radio station myself and like I said above post the Yamaha tunner would of looked much better
 

Blacksabbath25

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2015
293
82
10,970
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi spiny norman

The former was just meant to be as just general chat regarding old school products.

With regards to the latter i was having a chat with Yamaha and i happened to recall that OP looking for the T-S1000. I asked them about theT-S1000. They checked and they got back and told me that there is one in stock and in Black finish too. It was genuinely only meant to inform the OP and nothing more.

Apologies if it came across otherwise.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
that Yamaha Cx 10000 is old school I see they did not make meany of them and rarely come up for sale and mainly made for the USA market but still a good looking bit of kit for its age
 

spiny norman

New member
Jan 14, 2009
293
0
0
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi spiny norman

Just to add that if the CX-10000/MX-10000 do come in then they will not be available for sale as i'll be having them for my personal use.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
Methinks he doth...
 

DougK

Well-known member
Dec 8, 2013
828
506
11,770
Blacksabbath25 said:
they are 2 meters apart they do sound good like this but i am trying to get the wife to get rid of a sofer that no one sits on then i will be able to put them wider apart [ i am working on the wife } *smile*
Love your gear Sabbath but forgive me for saying that they sure don't look 2m apart, more like 1m. Where is your seating position in relation to your set-up, off to one side?
 

Blacksabbath25

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2015
293
82
10,970
DougK said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
they are 2 meters apart they do sound good like this but i am trying to get the wife to get rid of a sofer that no one sits on then i will be able to put them wider apart [ i am working on the wife } *smile*
Love your gear Sabbath but forgive me for saying that they sure don't look 2m apart, more like 1m. Where is your seating position in relation to your set-up, off to one side?
its just the way i have taken the picture its 2m for now until i can get the other sofer out of the house . my seating is in front about 5m away
 

chebby

Well-known member
Jun 2, 2008
1,232
4
19,195
Blacksabbath25 said:
DougK said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
they are 2 meters apart they do sound good like this but i am trying to get the wife to get rid of a sofer that no one sits on then i will be able to put them wider apart [ i am working on the wife } *smile*
Love your gear Sabbath but forgive me for saying that they sure don't look 2m apart, more like 1m. Where is your seating position in relation to your set-up, off to one side?
its just the way i have taken the picture ...
I though that went without saying when I saw it. You wanted to frame the whole system tightly so brought one speaker, or both, in close to get them all in one shot without having to show the entire room.
 

MUSICRAFT

Well-known member
Blacksabbath25 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi blacksabbath

I forgot to add that we should hopefully be taking in Yamaha's Centennial CX-10000 pre amp and MX-10000 power amp (trade ins). Old school and then some

Btw, i thought it was on this thread but were/are you looking for a T-S1000? If so then there is a new one in Black finish available.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
thanks Rick I would have to pass on the Yamaha T-S1000 as your right I was looking for one but I found out that they will be switching off the fm transmitter in 2 years which is a shame and did not know at the time of asking about one .

So I've ended up pre ordering the Yamaha Cx50 music cast which is out at some point this month . so Cx 50 will not look as good as the T-S1000 would of done but thanks
Hi Blacksabbath

You're welcome.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
 

MUSICRAFT

Well-known member
Blacksabbath25 said:
chebby said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
...thanks Rick I would have to pass on the Yamaha T-S1000 as your right I was looking for one but I found out that they will be switching off the fm transmitter in 2 years which is a shame and did not know at the time of asking about one
I wouldn't worry too much about that. It has been repeatedly delayed over the years and the frequencies are no longer as valuable as they used to be (so not as attractive for Government to auction off).

FM as a whole was never intended to be shut down anyway. All the local stations (independent and BBC) would have remained. Only the 'nationals' would have been closed.

I think it will be many years until anyone in Government can be bothered with it again. They seem to be a bit busy lately!

Even I am considering buying a diddy little Pro-ject Tuner Box S (£129) to make use of my already existing, dedicated, FM roof aerial. It's about the size of a packet of fags and rather good apparently.

It's a bit of a daft notion - given how good internet radio performance is nowadays - but I am craving a bit of FM action and it doesn't cost too much.
yes I do love the sound of FM radio station myself and like I said above post the Yamaha tunner would of looked much better
Hi Blacksabbath and chebby

FM can sound excellent. I still miss my Pioneer Reference F-91 and F-93 tuners.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
 

MUSICRAFT

Well-known member
Blacksabbath25 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi spiny norman

The former was just meant to be as just general chat regarding old school products.

With regards to the latter i was having a chat with Yamaha and i happened to recall that OP looking for the T-S1000. I asked them about theT-S1000. They checked and they got back and told me that there is one in stock and in Black finish too. It was genuinely only meant to inform the OP and nothing more.

Apologies if it came across otherwise.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
that Yamaha Cx 10000 is old school I see they did not make meany of them and rarely come up for sale and mainly made for the USA market but still a good looking bit of kit for its age
Hi Blacksabbath

Yes, the 10000 is rare. A few days ago I heard that someone in the UK has a complete Centennial CDX-10000, HX-10000, CX-10000, MX-10000 and NSX-10000 set. I am jealous.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
 

Blacksabbath25

Well-known member
Sep 20, 2015
293
82
10,970
MUSICRAFT said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi spiny norman

The former was just meant to be as just general chat regarding old school products.

With regards to the latter i was having a chat with Yamaha and i happened to recall that OP looking for the T-S1000. I asked them about theT-S1000. They checked and they got back and told me that there is one in stock and in Black finish too. It was genuinely only meant to inform the OP and nothing more.

Apologies if it came across otherwise.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
that Yamaha Cx 10000 is old school I see they did not make meany of them and rarely come up for sale and mainly made for the USA market but still a good looking bit of kit for its age
Hi Blacksabbath

Yes, the 10000 is rare. A few days ago I heard that someone in the UK has a complete Centennial CDX-10000, HX-10000, CX-10000, MX-10000 and NSX-10000 set. I am jealous.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
nice too ...i bet it sounds good ! and that person is lucky to have the complete setup
 

MUSICRAFT

Well-known member
Blacksabbath25 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi spiny norman

The former was just meant to be as just general chat regarding old school products.

With regards to the latter i was having a chat with Yamaha and i happened to recall that OP looking for the T-S1000. I asked them about theT-S1000. They checked and they got back and told me that there is one in stock and in Black finish too. It was genuinely only meant to inform the OP and nothing more.

Apologies if it came across otherwise.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
that Yamaha Cx 10000 is old school I see they did not make meany of them and rarely come up for sale and mainly made for the USA market but still a good looking bit of kit for its age
Hi Blacksabbath

Yes, the 10000 is rare. A few days ago I heard that someone in the UK has a complete Centennial CDX-10000, HX-10000, CX-10000, MX-10000 and NSX-10000 set. I am jealous.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
nice too ...i bet it sounds good ! and that person is lucky to have the complete setup
Hi Blacksabbath

+1 and btw, the new NS-5000's look very promising.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts