Yamaha rxv675 or denon avrx2000?

erby

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi all

i am looking for a new amp to go with my Tannoy mercury F1 custom speakers.

I will be using my nectar points so will be getting it off ebay and won't be able to test it. I have seen the Yamaha new for £349 with a 5 year warranty and the Denon for £249 refurbished with 1 year warranty.

Does anybody have any idea which will suit my speakers best? I predominantly watch movies and tv on Sky and play xbox. My onkyo amp is suffering from hdmi problems.

Thanks in advance for any help or other suggestions.

Tricky-Ricky

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Don't know if this will help but i previously had an Onkyo TX-NR609 which failed, and i have recently been looking at a replacement, and had decided on either a Yamaha RX-V675 a Denon AVR-X2000 or a Sony STR-DN1040,

When it came to a demo they didn't have the Denon, so it was just down to the two, i ended up choosing the Sony for its good bass weight (like my old Onkyo) and its detail and clarity, i loved the sound and took it home, and was happy with the performance (i have Mission M3i s so fairly budget)

However i was not happy with the interface/GUI and the fact that i simply couldn't get the standby pass through to work at all, so i took it back and brought the Yamaha home, and the result is that i am so disappointed with its sound in comparison to the Sony, i am swapping it back despite its problems.

If your used to Onkyo i would describe the Sony as how the onkyo should sound if they had put a little more development into it.

erby

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that Tricky-Ricky, sounds like I may have to up the budget.

Unfortunately, with using nectar points, I need to get it from ebay (new and from a recognised supplier), so can't hear them myself.

If I spent the extra and included the Sony in the equation, do you, or anybody else, know which would be a better match for my Tannoys?

Or would they all be very similar? The sony won the group test but they all won 5 stars.

Very confused :?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts