Yamaha RX-Z11 or Denon AVC-A1HD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Sounds like a great idea.

Please, What Hi Fi, plus:

What about a test including the new Arcam AVR600, and the new Rotel RSP1560?

Dan.

A

Anonymous

As Dantan already knows, I just got the LX90 for a steal - grinning from ear to ear ; ) Going to have to update my signature. Bye bye Denon.

A

Anonymous

Well done, Damien. I know that you are enjoying your new 'Susano' A/V Receiver.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

Yes, a direct question to get a direct answer! :)

So Damien, how much did you have to pay to experience all that enjoyment?

The Susano does look like a fine piece of equipment.

A

Anonymous

Just over half the new (January increase) price. They had one floor display model only and needed to clear stock as they had bought in too much other stuff. I've spent a fair amount with them in the past 2 years so I got first refusal on it. Unfortunately, I'm having to fork out for some more cables now which i hadnt budgeted for. The amp kicks out a fair bit of heat so I've had to shift my cd player to another bay in my unit to give it some breathing space and the 0.6m VDH Thunderline i/c's I bought a while back dont reach - doh! Never mind, its worth it - the sound is sublime.

A

Anonymous

And how much is the new January price where you're at? Sounds like you got a good deal compared to the 2 other models listed above. Did you do a comparison versus the Yamaha and Denon or was the price of the Pioneer just too good to even bother?

A

Anonymous

In Australia, current as at today, RRP are:

Yamaha RX-Z11 (known as the DSP-Z11 in some markets): AUD$7,999.00

Pioneer SC-LX90: AUD$12,999.00

Denon AVC-A1HD: AUD$14,999.00

As you can see, the Denon is dearest over here which is absolutely ridiculous considering it's 'only' a 7-channel unit, whereas the Pioneer is a 10-channel unit, and the Yamaha is an 11-channel unit. In the UK, the Pioneer and Yamaha retail for the same amount of money, with the Denon significantly CHEAPER than either unit, yet, here in Australia, the Denon is almost exactly twice as expensive as the Yamaha and almost 20% more expensive than the Pioneer!

Dan.

A

Anonymous

Wow, does that only apply to that particular Denon model or is this across the board? How are they able to sell any units at all with that pricing?

The Yamaha on the other hand looks like a steal.

The new Pioneer price is a bit high. What was the old price? Damien got a good deal then if he paid around AUD$7,000 or so as it would have been even cheaper than the Yamaha.

A

Anonymous

Denon electronics here in Australia are massively (read: ridiculously) priced, most likely by the Australian distributor of Denon products, a company called Audio Products Group.

The lower-end products, up until probably the AVR1909, are reasonably-priced to stay competitive against the likes of Onkyo and Yamaha, but the mid to especially high end products are absolutely jokingly priced. Only the extremely rich who are huge fans of Denon would purchase their flagship products.

For example, the flagship Processor, the AVP-A1HD retails for AUD$14,999.00 and the matching 10-channel flagship Power Amplifier, the POA-A1HD, retails for AUD$14,999.00.

Denon does not sell many high end models here in Australia - understandably. Until they come back in line - price-wise - with other similar products, they deserve not to sell many units.

The Yamaha RX-Z11 here in Australia retails for AUD$7,999.00, which is an absolute steal and can be purchased for as low as AUD$6,000.00-AUD$6,500.00.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

The previous RRP of the Pioneer SC-LX90 was AUD$10,999.00, I believe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts