Yamaha RX-V3900 & Z7 Firmware Updates

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
There are new updates available for download - Version 1.07

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/av/down/index.html

Carl-How's your Z7? My 3900 on/off issues were solved with the version 1.05 firmware upgrade. I wonder why they jumped from 1.05 to 1.07?

A

Anonymous

I'm loving the Z7. Good to hear about your RXV 3900, are you happy with it? I loved the RXV 3900 as well, if it wasn't for the switch on problems i would have kept it.

I'll check out the new update, have you donwloaded it?

A

Anonymous

Yes, downloaded and installed it yesterday. So far so good but haven't really checked out the enhancements that the new firmware is supposed to provide.

Yes, I'm now pretty happy with my RXV3900 but I still haven't had the time to read the thick manual to fully utilise all the features that it has to offer.

A

Anonymous

Installed firmware and noticed difference with HDMI, i haven't tried the album art display via USB and PC yet.

A

Anonymous

What difference did you notice? Better sound/picture quality? I didn't have the time to test it out properly after installing the update.

I'm glad though that Yamaha is implementing these enhancements on a regular basis to improve the performance of the AV Receivers. I hope this doesn't stop too soon when the new models are released later this year.

A

Anonymous

Picture quality. I haven't checked out the rest of enhancements either.

A

Anonymous

Charl:Picture quality.ÿI haven't checked out the rest of enhancements either.

ÿHi,

Can you be more specific? In what way has the picture improved?ÿ

A

Anonymous

Beaverme, have you also downloaded and installed the firmware update? With your Z7 and 9G Kuro, if anyone can see the difference, I'm thinking you should be able to.

I'll go home and test this later today with my RXV3900 and 8G Kuro but I might not be able to see the difference as I'm only using the HD ready 428XD and I have poor eyesight. :)

A

Anonymous

beaverme:

Charl:Picture quality. I haven't checked out the rest of enhancements either.

Hi,

Can you be more specific? In what way has the picture improved?

Picture seems clearer when upscaling PVR signal, i haven't tried using Blu Ray or DVD yet.

A

Anonymous

seakingadvice:Beaverme, have you also downloaded and installed the firmware update? With your Z7 and 9G Kuro, if anyone can see the difference, I'm thinking you should be able to.I'll go home and test this later today with my RXV3900 and 8G Kuro but I might not be able to see the difference as I'm only using the HD ready 428XD and I have poor eyesight. :)

Hi,

I updated my Z7 earlier this evening. After flicking through a few SD and HD channels on Sky, I have to say that I haven't noticed any obvious improvement in picture quality. It was good before and it's still good now. Are the enhancements to do with noise reduction? I have all of the noise reduction options set to 'off', brightness, contrast and saturation at the defaults, PReP 'on' and 1080p output.ÿ

A

Anonymous

I didn't notice any big difference either - but then again that could be just me.

A

Anonymous

To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to improve much, if at all. I got the impression from reading Yamaha's release notes and stuff on another forum that this update (along with all of the previous updates) was really about fixing bugs.

Largely thanks to PReP I'd say, the picture I get from my Z7 is already an improvement on my NR906. No combing whatsoever even when watching Bloomberg fed to it at 576p from a Sky HD box. Fantastic!

A

Anonymous

You comparing your Z7 vs. the Onkyo 906?

So, the Anchor Bay chip in the Yamaha is superior to the HQV chip in the Onkyo then I suppose.

A

Anonymous

seakingadvice:You comparing your Z7 vs. the Onkyo 906?So, the Anchor Bay chip in the Yamaha is superior to the HQV chip in the Onkyo then I suppose.

Yep. But it's not quite that simple. If you feed them both 576i then they're both very good. In fact there's little to choose between them. I'd say that VRS's deinterlacing is a little betterÿ(more stable and less prone to combing)ÿwhile HQV's scaling is a little better (less pronounced ringing). With 576p PReP really does make a huge (and I do mean huge) difference. It does a great job of improving the HDMI output from my Sky HD box and PS3.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts