Yamaha Z7 or RX A2020 or RX V637?

silvercables

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a Yamaha DSP A2 (was one of Yamahas top of the line AV amps) from new about 12 year. Have Monitor Audio Silver 7i speakers.

Recently bought a Panasonic BDT500 blu ray and using the optical out to the amp which sounds great! I have also connected the BDT500's 5.1 audio connections to the DSP A2 but this does not sound as good in stereo or AV.

So am looking to upgrade my DSP A2 to what? I love Yamaha quality and the real venue DSP settings so for about the same price I can get: one of these:

Yamaha Z7 (about 4 years old) OR Yamaha RX-A2020 (1 year old) or new Yamaha RX V673....I want great stereo as well as AV sound.

Thanks in advance ;)

1) Z7 doesn't pass 3D but you have a player with twin HDMI outputs to overcome that.

2) Is it 2020 or 2010? 2020 is the current model. Of the 3, I would go for the 2010 / 2020. It's easily better than the 673 & not much inferior to the Z7 but with a lot more features.

mick

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
sorry not quite sure how to write on this forum

I want to ask a question about Yamaha A2020 Amp

I have a 2090 DPS Amp which plays laser discs and only plays Dolby digital sound. I have just bought a Yamaha RX A2020 Amp which is DTS sound but does not play laser discs.

I have found the sound isn't much better than the 2090. Is there any way that I can rig the 2 amps together so I can receive DTS sound and play laser discs as well using either amp for sound.

thank you hope you can help

Mick

TRENDING THREADS