Yamaha RX-V3800 - does it exist in black (in UK)?

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Andy do you know if it upscales both HDMI and Analog sources? If it does maybe I will not think about the color as musicaly I think it's probably one of the best av receivers. And I could use build-in DAC when I get my Sonos/Squeezebox thingy.

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Charl:Yes it can.

Thanks Charl that's great news!

And how do I make it black? ha ha
emotion-5.gif

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, but that's incorrect, Charl. ÿIt can only upscale analogue and pass through HDMI untouched. ÿIf you don't need to upscale, I can vouch for the superior sound quality.

A

Anonymous

My HD PVR decoder sends signals via HDMI at 720p to the RXV-3800. The info displayed on my plasma when switching on reads 1080p. So is it not upscaling then?

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I've just double-checked the manual and it says (p87):

"This unit does not up-scale the digital video signals input at the HDMI input jacks".

ÿThis is also what it says on the publicity spec put out by Yamaha, so I'm really not sure what's going on. ÿIf I'm mistaken, please accept my apologies.ÿ

A

Anonymous

checked the manual, i see what you mean. i do notice a diffrence tho if i change the amp from 720 to 1080. i'll give my dealer a call in the morning.

A

Anonymous

I checked on Yamaha website and did some comparisons. The RXV3900 upscales both analog and HDMI. The RXV1900 and RXV 3800 only analog. With the 1900 and 3800 the player(DVD) would have to do the upscaling. The information displayed on my monitor must be incorrect or maybe info displayed are for analog conversion.

I'm more than happy with my display, great picture from DVD. Getting Yamaha Bluray player end of the month.
emotion-2.gif
In black!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts