Yamaha R2000A receiver vs Simaudio Moon 240i comparison

Sascha1977

Jun 6, 2023
Visit site
Hi
I've had the Simaudio Moon 240i for a few years now and looking to upgrade to the Yamaha R2000A integrated amp.
I haven't seen any comparisons out there and curious if people have experience with both and could weigh in as to the differences in sound quality between both.
Is the the Yamaha a significant upgrade? I've found the Simaudio very capable albeit a bit bland sounding and wondering if the Yamaha would provide a more dynamic, exciting sound.
Any input is greatly appreciated!
Sascha

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi there. I have no experience with either but my well educated guess would be it’s a side step. It will probably give you a slight flavour change but that’s about it.

The biggest hurdle is you’d be loosing a lot of functionality moving from the moon 240i the Yamaha and would potentially need another box on shelf to compensate.

If you can go and audition them back to back it’s a lot of money to spend without listening to them

Why do you feel the need to change? Both amps are very good.

Not heard the exact models. Demoed Yamaha 2100 and a Moon and to be honest they sounded very similar, the Moon being slightly more detailed, however they were in different environments.

I'll use a well-trodden chestnut but it's best to demo the Yamaha.

I am wondering, if the Simaudio is a bit bland, why you bought it.
Whilst amplifiers have a different presentation ultimately it is your speakers that determine the sound.
Perhaps you should be looking at different speakers rather than a different amp.

Reactions: nopiano
I am wondering, if the Simaudio is a bit bland, why you bought it.
Whilst amplifiers have a different presentation ultimately it is your speakers that determine the sound.
Perhaps you should be looking at different speakers rather than a different amp.
My thoughts about speakers, they ultimately shape the sound.

That said, I know when I demoed a Moon 1-3 (I think) at a dealers it had all the right sonic attributes except the soundstage sounded one dimensional compared to the Leema. I wonder if that's what the OP means when they say "a bit bland".

The R2000A is brand new. I’ve seen a static model, but there are only a few early reviews. The latest Hifi News magazine has given it a glowing review and it looks fabulous.

I very much doubt any reader has heard one. Why not find a dealer and go listen? You might find your amp is fine and you need some other change. Bearing that in mind, what’s the rest of your system?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts