Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got this e-mail from Audiovisual Online:

Yamaha RXV-567 £224.99 with voucher code YHM01

Yamaha RXV-1067 £499.99 with voucher code YHM02

Yamaha RXV-3067 £899.99 with voucher code YHM03

All voucher codes are valid until Thursday, 20th January 2011

Wow!! That's the best rate I've seen so far!!
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

seems an absolute bargain - there must be some mark-up in this product unless they are selling at a loss-leader

v.v. tempted

A

Anonymous

Nightmare, I paid £800 for my RXV1067 not 3 months ago AHHHH!

A

Anonymous

Tried to buy the 1067 this morning and due to a pricing error they are not supplying at the voucher code price.

Don't you just hate it when that happens.

A

Anonymous

Guys,

Extremely sorry about the latest mailshot, please allow me to explain the
situation. There have been some price decreases on the top end Yamaha AVR's
and our marketing manager give these to a new member of staff to create the
newsletter. Unfortunately, these prices were entered incorrectly into this newsletter
resulting in these incredible (but sadly not achievable) prices.

Understandably Yamaha and other dealers were not happy with this situation
as it effectively de-valued their products and got ourselves into hot water at
the same time. Apologies to all concerned and especially to you, our customers.
We hope this has not dampened our reputation too much and hope we can be of
assistance for any future AV needs you may have,

Regards

C Pickles

M Director

AudioVisual Online

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
If Denon can sell the AVR2311 for £500 in the sale, then i am sure Yamaha could with the RXV1067 for the same, the only reason they haven't is because they don't need to, the product sells at a higher mark up.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
AudioVisual Online:

Guys,

Extremely sorry about the latest mailshot, please allow me to explain the situation. There have been some price decreases on the top end Yamaha AVR's and our marketing manager give these to a new member of staff to create the newsletter. Unfortunately, these prices were entered incorrectly into this newsletter resulting in these incredible (but sadly not achievable) prices.

Understandably Yamaha and other dealers were not happy with this situation as it effectively de-valued their products and got ourselves into hot water at the same time. Apologies to all concerned and especially to you, our customers. We hope this has not dampened our reputation too much and hope we can be of assistance for any future AV needs you may have,

Regards

C Pickles
M Director
AudioVisual Online

I do not usually get into discussions like this but I am afraid if you want to come on a website like WHF to apologise for a genuine error ,the last thing you do as a Director is blame a junior member of staff openly even if you do not name the individual.

This is probably the most demotivating post I have seen on this website from an employer towards his/her staff.The training requirements rest more with the trainer than the trainee.

A

Anonymous

It says new member of staff not junior member of staff. How do you know that the new member of staff didn't hold a senior position. Also, would you prefer the Director to lie. Having said that, it was probably prudent that someone checked the newsletter before it went out.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
pejwright:It says new member of staff not junior member of staff. How do you know that the new member of staff didn't hold a senior position. Also, would you prefer the Director to lie. Having said that, it was probably prudent that someone checked the newsletter before it went out.

Ok correct junior for new- point remains the same regardless of level -

We take corporate responsibility for our errors-

PS it was him (her)

TRENDING THREADS