Yamaha Aventage A3060

Norrie59

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi, Have just purchased the Yamaha A3060 Aventage amp and looking for some instruction. Cannot find this in the manual or online. Sorry if I'm being dumb. I have a Qobuz subscription and notice that this amp does direct streaming from this service, however, I Do not know how to get it working. I have the app for Qobuz on my iPad and normally run over airplay but is this the same as direct streaming to the amp? I see the option for Qobuz on amp just fine but cannot grasp how I get it to work.

Any help gratefully received.

Norman

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Norrie59 said:
Hi, Have just purchased the Yamaha A3060 Aventage amp and looking for some instruction. Cannot find this in the manual or online. Sorry if I'm being dumb. I have a Qobuz subscription and notice that this amp does direct streaming from this service, however, I Do not know how to get it working. I have the app for Qobuz on my iPad and normally run over airplay but is this the same as direct streaming to the amp? I see the option for Qobuz on amp just fine but cannot grasp how I get it to work.

Any help gratefully received.

Norman

First of all you'll need to add your Yamaha to your home network, either by running an ethernet cable directly from your router to the AV receiver (this is the preferred option sound quality wise) or over wifi. There should be an option somewhere on the Yamaha's set-up menu to add the receiver to your network, which will probably require you entering your wifi code.

Then download the Yamaha AV receiver's control app from the App Store. There may be a separate app for MusicCast too (I'm hoping a Yamaha AV receiver user will chip in here at some point).

Your iPad/iPhone won't talk to your AV receiver until they are all on the same network.

I'm not familiar with the Yamaha control app or the Musiccast app, but one of these will be where you'll find your Qobuz streaming.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts