Yamaha 863SE & KEF 2005.3 (Auto setup/Optimizer)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have run the yamaha optimizer (auto sound setup) on my 863 amp. When its complete I am getting a warning sign indicating that the centre speaker polarity is 'reversed'

I have checked the wiring at both ends of the cable and all is fine. I have read the manual and it states that this message can appear sometimes with some speakers, even when they are set up correctly!

Has anyone experienced this, with this setup up before, or is there something I am overlooking?

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It has been known to happen, and with some early auto-calibration systems you could get a 'phase reversed' warning, check the cables, change nothing, run the procedure again and get no warning at all.

If you're happy the cabling is all in order, I'd just plough on and ignore the warning. Could even be something as simple as the system getting confused by the port being beside the Uni-Q driver on the 'horizontal' centre, or even a stray audio reflection from the TV screen, but here I'm guessing rather than working on any actual knowledge.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew.

I though that it could just be something simple, so run it 3 times! The warning message appears each time. Could it still be a stray audio reflection? At the moment my centre, horizontal speaker is just in front of my plasma on my TV rack!!

My 2 front speakers are in bookcases either side of my screen, pointing in the direction of the veiwing/listening position. They are approximately 1.5m from the edge of my screen, and my viewing position from the screen is 2.7m. Is this too far apart? Could this be causing any disruption?

A

Anonymous

I get an out of phase error when I use the Audyssey set up procedure on my Denon 2808/Kef 2005.2. When I use something like the THX optimser everythings sounds fine. Try doing that after the auto set-up see what happens.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts