KEF Reference Studio 102 Setup Help

akerbe7

May 6, 2021
Visit site
Hello I just picked up a pair of the KEF Studio 102 speakers with the KEF Kube 102 for $40. I've never seen a speaker with a dedicated EQ system.

After looking at the manual it appears I need to purchase a tape deck to get his working properly with the KEF Kube add on.

This is my secondary desk audio setup and I am hoping to get the sound from my PC into these KEF monitors. Currently I am using a Yamaha AV-34 integrated amp.

Is there another way to connect these without using a tape deck? Obviously at the time these speakers came out it wasn't common to output computer audio to such high end speakers.

User manual link:
https://us.kef.com/pub/media/pdf/Reference_Series_Model_102_Installation_Instructions.pdf

Gray

Is it showing a tape deck being connected as one may want to connect a tape deck to the same receiver?
Yes it is.
Obviously tape loops are going out of fashion on amps now, but as in your case, they can still be very useful.
Unlike the variable 'preamp out' you get a fixed level from a tape or 'rec out'.....making them the best option if ever you want to feed a separate headphone amp for example.

Reactions: akerbe7

akerbe7

May 6, 2021
Visit site
Yes it is.
Obviously tape loops are going out of fashion on amps now, but as in your case, they can still be very useful.
Unlike the variable 'preamp out' you get a fixed level from a tape or 'rec out'.....making them the best option if ever you want to feed a separate headphone amp for example.

Thank you for the help!

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts