Yamaha 667 vs Pioneer 920 vs Yamaha 767

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I am off out very shortly to try & get a demo if possible at my local Hi Fi shop of the above amps all now at around £300 - £350. I mainly want to see if there is any great difference between the 667 & 767 plus how the better of the two IMO match up to the Pioneer 920 ( i was recommended this amp to match my speakers by The Home Cinema Centre, miles away from me at the other end of the country ). I shall endevour to post my findings later today & possibly come home with a purchase.

A

Anonymous

I am a proud owner of the 667. What a great Av amp it is. In my opinion it leaves the Pinoneer standing for sound quality. May be I just love the Yamaha sound.
What does the 767 have that the 667 does not?

The 667 is at a very good price at the moment! a lot of amp for £300.

Recently I did a blind test between the Marantz 6003 and the Yamaha. The Marantz was great but for me the Yamaha won the day with it's rich warm tones and punch sound. This is the first AV amp I have ever heard that competes with a similarly priced stereo amp.

Good luck with your hunting

A

Anonymous

767 is the same amp but with 2 HDMI out to the tv. 1910 is decent amp and wouldnt be much of a step
Up with any of those mentioned.

Unless you want 3D the 2310 is now £400

A

Anonymous

craigtumilty said:
767 is the same amp but with 2 HDMI out to the tv. 1910 is decent amp and wouldnt be much of a step Up with any of those mentioned. Unless you want 3D the 2310 is now £400

Sorry must disagree, whilst the 1910 is a fantastic AV amp, in my opinion the 667 has better overall sound quality, especially in stereo. Furthermore it is far easier to use.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Well iv'e purchased the Yamaha RXV767 ( £349.95 ) over the Yamaha RXV667 ( £299.95 ) & the Pioneer VSX920 ( £299.95 ) as to my ears it sounded better than either of the others, so well worth the extra £50 IMO.

A clearer, cleaner audio emminates from the speakers when the Yamaha is plugged in over the Pioneer. In fact i found my Denon 1910 sounded very similar to the Pioneer 920 both have bass a plenty, so does the Yamaha when needed, but the Yamaha seems more controlled within the sound field & more natural sounding.

My Denon 1910 ( now to go on a well known auction site ) seemed to give the centre speaker in my system far too much bass, it didn't when i previously ran a Kef c95 centre & Musical Technology Harrier speakers through it. Ok i know i could probably do with a Dali Ikon Vokal 2, but the Yamaha certainly has made my centre speaker sound like a different speaker & brought out the best in it.

Setup of the amp was relatively simple using the supplied microphone to set the speaker distances & levels ( reasonably accurate ). Using my SPL meter to alter it i found that there was only about a 1-2db alteration to make to get the settings right.

I will just have to see what it is like in a few months time when it is all run in. So all in all i'm well pleased with my purchase having got it home & all set up.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
The Limey said:
I am a proud owner of the 667. What a great Av amp it is. In my opinion it leaves the Pinoneer standing for sound quality. May be I just love the Yamaha sound. What does the 767 have that the 667 does not? The 667 is at a very good price at the moment! a lot of amp for £300.

It has a touch more power, 2 HDMI outs, a learning remote & all connections at the rear offer Banana connections.

A

Anonymous

Well congrats on the new arrival. What film do you plan to watch first?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Ive just finished watching Quantum Of Solace on it & i'm very impressed. Fortunately the OH has came home right at the end of it & ive only wired up the BD player, so ill look into sorting the rest out i suppose, before i get in too much trouble.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts