xlr problem...fixed.thanks.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Blacksabbath25 said:
....some XLR cables are wired differently because on my amplifier I can change the hot pin selection and reverse faze
This is what I was thinking. If the OP bought the wrong balanced cable version, it won’t work.

Most of the comments seem wide of the mark, though obviously well meant. My newer Primare has two XLR inputs, and both work perfectly with the correct connections.

bonenut

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
nopiano said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
....some XLR cables are wired differently because on my amplifier I can change the hot pin selection and reverse faze
This is what I was thinking. If the OP bought the wrong balanced cable version, it won’t work.

Most of the comments seem wide of the mark, though obviously well meant. My newer Primare has two XLR inputs, and both work perfectly with the correct connections.

I have done a little research on xlr and I can’t really figure out if there is different 3 pin balanced xlr cable. Could I have bought the wrong cable, how can I tell. Thanks.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
bonenut said:
nopiano said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

I have done a little research on xlr and I can’t really figure out if there is different 3 pin balanced xlr cable. Could I have bought the wrong cable, how can I tell. Thanks.

Standard XLR balanced cables are all wired the same, Pin 1 > pin 1, Pin 2 > Pin 2, Pin 3 > Pin 3, without exception, the universe is knee deep in them. Given that you have checked for continuity it is very unlikely to be the cables.

Your problem is one of two things...

Either your Dac is not outputing signal because the outputs are somehow muted in the settings in some way, or the Dac is faulty.

Or the Primare balanced inputs are not active, muted somehow (settings again) or again perhaps faulty.

The fact that everything seems to work using unbalanced connections suggests that the components are fine.

bonenut

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
FIXED....... it was a combination of answers in here.thanks.....someone suggested setting it to variable which i did,and raised the volume to 100 and i got perfect sound and then i could switch back to fixed and sound was perfect.its gas because i always read in dac manuals not to feed a variable into a line level inputs.

thanks to all and merry christmas.cheers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts