XBox 360 - HD DVD player - any good?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Well I have the HD-DVD drive and for the money it is a cheep and effective way of getting a HD fix. There are some slight issues with camera pans and a little picture noise but on the whole the results are well worh the outlay and the differnce over DVD is clear to see. My advice is to look on EBAY as I got mine on there with a couple of HD-DVDs for less than the price of the unit on the high st, Batman Begins being a fantastic transfer. As for the upscaling, you do not need the HD drive for your 360 to upscale standard dvd and the differnce when playing a standard dvd via the HD drive is identical to those of the 360's normal drive, but in order to do this (up to 1080p) you must use a VGA cable. Results with upscaling are very good considering this is a games console but when compared to my Denon DVD3930 nowhere near as polished but then that is a £1100 dvd player so that is to be expected.

A

Anonymous

If you could stretch just a little further the Tosh HD E1 can now be picked up for around £170 from popular websites such as Play.com, I have this machine and for the money its fantastic!!!

A

Anonymous

On my HD DVD drive box it has the TRUE hd stamp. whats going on there? can the HDDVD drive for the 360 output true HD if you have an HDMI 360?

A

Anonymous

The thing that put me off buying the HD is the 360 is so noisy without the addition of another drive. I couldn't stomach that much racket during a movie, maybe if it were in another room, or house !!

R

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I am in morning as my 360 passed away today, got the dreaded 3 red lights on the front but the good news is that even tho the console is allmost 2 years old Microsoft are collecting it and fixing it FOC.

A

Anonymous

ouch...did you realise that this is caused by the solder that connects the GPU to the mainboard getting too hot then melting?

Why didnt they put a bloody fan there?

lol, don't worry Krime - I'll let you know how good it is and how much fun I'm having playing it.

Bring on the Covenant scum! It's time to save the human race....

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="D.J.KRIME"]
I am in morning as my 360 passed away today, got the dreaded 3 red lights on the front but the good news is that even tho the console is allmost 2 years old Microsoft are collecting it and fixing it FOC.

[/quote]

I am in morning too - until 12 then I'll be in afternoon.

Looks like you'll have to wait that little bit longer for Halo 3 !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts