Xbox 360 HD able to stream HD content?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello guys just braught my Sony Davis10 in process of setting it up, i have a xbox 360 with external harddrive i was thinking is it possible to stream (Hd dvds)this content over to the xbox 360from the external hard drisk ? and view it HD on my screen? becuase the external harddrive uses USB thats it :S im little confused and would greatly appreciate any help, thankyou.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You can't stream stuff directly from the USB hard disk. However, if you have Windows XP / Vista running Windows Media Player 11, or if you have an Apple Mac running Connect360 software, you can connect to the PC / Mac from your Xbox 360 and stream video from these machines. In both cases though, the video would need to be on the hard drive of your Mac / PC (i.e. in your My Videos folder on the PC or your Movies folder on the Mac) to stream it, you couldn't leave it on the USB hard drive I'm afraid.

A

Anonymous

never tried it from removable storage but works fine form my windows xp pc.
You will need to have the files in an acceptable format as well and add them to your media player library.
MP4 is nice for HD content.
I will see if you can stream from a removable storage device and let you know if i have any luck.
You can also play HD content from a data disc, i nice way of fitting a HD DVD or Blue Ray movie on a Standard DVD and play though your 360, again i find MP4 the best format for this.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys awaiting your reply, would greatly appreciate some news, just to clarify what ure saying basically download HD content. then stream through pc to 360 via media player 11, = HD content playing through 360 to tv as long as the cable is hooked up via HD to tv.

A

Anonymous

yeah, make sure you 360 is set up for 720/1080p what ever it supports, make sure your 360 is networked to your pc. on the 360 (with your pc switched on) go to media/ video the your computer name and you should be able to see the files you are sharing, you will also need to make sure your WMP is set up for sharing.
open media player/ go to option / library / configure sharing / allow and you should see a 360 icon if its networked, any problems give me a shout or Google something like "connecting my 360 to pc" get back to you today on the removable storage bit.

A

Anonymous

)[quote user="RyanCope"]
Hello guys just braught my Sony Davis10 in process of setting it up, i have a xbox 360 with external harddrive i was thinking is it possible to stream (Hd dvds)this content over to the xbox 360from the external hard drisk ? and view it HD on my screen? becuase the external harddrive uses USB thats it :S im little confused and would greatly appreciate any help, thankyou.
[/quote]
yeah works fine, just testing it with a 1080p apple trailer and a usb data stick, no problems at all. Plug and play (as long as ur 360 is updated)

A

Anonymous

Great! so basically =D can get my films onto my usb hardrive... and stream them through in HD quality, without the use of a pc =D wkd thankyou for testing greatly appreciated thanks =D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts