WTA : Upgrade blu-ray player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi i wanna upgrade my blu-ray player but i still confused between this two item Panasonic BD-60 and Pioneer BDP-51FD. and i want to buy another Q acoustics to upgrade from 5.1 to 7.1.

can u give me an idea what players is more ideal for my system?

My system :

Tv: Samsung LA37A550P1R, Blu-ray: Ps3 40G, Reciever: Yamaha RX-V663, Speakers: Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1, Cables: AudioQuest HDMI-3.

Panasonic BD60 is a very good player. It's faster to load discs (profile 2.0) & cheaper. Pioneer BDP-51D is an older model of Pioneer, & is only profile 1.1 & quite slow to load discs. People say it's slightly better than the Panasonic, but I couldn't find any difference.

Pioneer has come up with newer models: BDP-120 & BDP-320. Check the latest What hi-fi issue where they have a group test of blu-ray players is £200-£400 range.

I was in a similar dilemma as yours, went for the Panasonic eventually. I like it a lot.

A

Anonymous

I had previously compared my BD35 to a Pioneer 51 and found no difference in picture quality and sold the 51 since it was only a Profile 1.1 and loading time took ages.

If you want to go with Pioneer, you should consider the new 320 or 120 instead - forget about the 51. Personally, I don't think that you will go wrong with the BD60.

Just watched 'Knowing' on my blu-ray player and can't help feeling astounded by the sheer picture quality of the BD35!

TRENDING THREADS