RX-V675 Upgrade?

BrightonIan

May 4, 2020
Visit site
So,.... I've got a Yamaha RX-V675, playing 4k's through an xbox one s, listening through Mission floorstanding M33i's and watching on a JVC 4k Fire TV (49"). I've a yamaha box set of NS40 5.1 speakers.

I'm thinking of upgrading my amp to either the Sony STR-DN1080 or the Denon Avr-x3600h (can't find a 3500) and maybe a Sony UBP-X500 blu ray player.

I was getting some speech lag watching 4k's and the lipsync on the yamaha made no difference, so I figured I might upgrade.

I was thinking of starting with changing the amp, then maybe the blu ray player.

Do we think I'll notice a difference with the changed amp? Or should I spend my money somewhere else?

Cheers,
Ian.

jjbomber

If it was me (and it isn't!) I would change the speakers first. I would try the Focal Sib Evo package at £800.

Most people would probably add a proper 4K DVD player to start with. Sony UBP-X500 is a fine choice.

To me the amp is the pick of the bunch and I would keep that.

If it was me (and it isn't!) I would change the speakers first. I would try the Focal Sib Evo package at £800.

Most people would probably add a proper 4K DVD player to start with. Sony UBP-X500 is a fine choice.

To me the amp is the pick of the bunch and I would keep that.
I'd agree, sort speakers first. Unless you need some of the newer audio formats, and I think the Sony you mention is a brilliant amp for the money, there is little reason to get rid of your Yamaha.

BrightonIan

May 4, 2020
Visit site
I'd agree, sort speakers first. Unless you need some of the newer audio formats, and I think the Sony you mention is a brilliant amp for the money, there is little reason to get rid of your Yamaha.
I appreciate that, hopefully some more advice might come through.
Thanks guys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts