Writing on speaker cable.....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Freddy58 said:
davedotco said:
Al ears said:
Freddy58 said:
davedotco said:
Freddy58 said:
davedotco said:
Freddy58 said:
davedotco said:
Freddy58 said:
davedotco said:
A long time ago in a universe far, far away, a dealer (name withheld to protect the guilty) employed a new, young and terribly eager new member of staff.

In these bygone times it was not usual for the recommended speaker cable of the day to have any writing, or for that matter any indication of 'directionality'.

So the new employee was given half a dozen pairs of speaker cables and told to work out their 'direction' both in terms of one to another and then in 'absolute' terms.

To give the chap his due he spent a whole afternoon checking these out and produced each pair of cables carefully marked as pairs and for directionality. Done that, what next? Was his only comment...!

He was an absolute gem.

I can think of another word *biggrin*

Diligent...?

It could begin with "D", yes.

Dedicated...?

Deluded is a good word.

Personally I thought he was absolutely spot on. At the end of the day he produced sets of speaker cables that were, as requested, sorted and marked (for direction, left and right) ready for use.

He did exactly what was asked of him, whether he tried listening to them or not, I could not say, didn't matter.

*biggrin*

Was his name davedotco? I think the world should know.

Certainly not.

I could tell the directionality of speaker cables by instinct.

What a guy! *biggrin*

Perhaps spades on one end and bananas on the other gave the game away. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts