Would this be Better????

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Grottyash said:
bretty said:
Ain't I nice? I'm the Santa of this forum
smiley-tongue-out.gif
No. The real Santa doesn't have a patronising bone in his body.

no Gyro then..... :((

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Grottyash said:
bretty said:
smiley-tongue-out.gif

Man you don't give up, do you? You're getting on my wick now. Stop whingeing. You realise you're coming across like a little girl, don't you?

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Jason36 said:
bretty said:
Grottyash said:
I suspect young Bretty thinks this another "dog". However, for a more balanced view, google denon dl103 tnt.

smiley-laughing.gif
Ok, you've made your point, Grot. Let it go, now mate. The anger can't be doing your blood pressure any good
smiley-smile.gif
I hereby fully retract all statements made on the 31st march, regarding the Goldring 2500. I realise now that I not only hurt the cartridge, but the feelings of the cartridges' family. I now wish to be given the space to deal with the guilt that lays heavy upon my heart.

Jase, I didn't have the Denon on the RPM4. I had a woeful Ortofon to start with, and then replaced it with the Shure. I don't think MC's are for me, mate, at least not the cheaper ones like my Denon. It's just too weedy with rock, and i'm listening to more of it these days, so it aint gonna work for me. It might be ok in a warmer system. My Exposures are pretty neutral and my speakers are studio monitors that add very little colouration.

Now that we're FaceBook buddies (you were like Columbo tracking me down
smiley-tongue-out.gif
. The only info I gave out here was my full name and what my profile pic is of. Dunno how you found me from those tiny nuggets
smiley-laughing.gif
) I have a super duper offer for ya. If you want to try the Denon out for yourself, you can have mine, for nada, zip, zilch, diddly squat and b*gger all. Just pay the postage and it's yours. If you want it, send me a msg on FB and we'll get it sorted.

Ahhh I got the wrong end of the stick regarding the cartridges :) Thats weird you thought that cos the review I read said that the Denon 103 was the original rock cartridge..maybe it needs a heavier arm to get the best out of it. Message on facebook on its way to you matey :) that's a very good offer you made me there and at least I know I can trust the cartridge condition :)

Remember it's not only the cartridge which determines whether a whole system is 'bright' or not. I wouldn't look at the cartridge to alter your system one way or the other. Think about all the other links in the chain; the tt, the arm, the phono stage, the rack, the amp, the speaker. What would be the point of all those being reviewed and judged, each with their own characteristics, if they had no effect on the overall sound?

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Grottyash said:
bretty said:
mitch65 said:
Grottyash said:
bretty said:
smiley-tongue-out.gif

You never know. Grotty's on the bad boys list but you're still ok
smiley-tongue-out.gif
Patronising AND arrogant! You're on a roll to-day, young Bretty.
Ordinarily i'm only patronising, but it's 2 for 1 Friday.

A

Anonymous

bretty said:
Grottyash said:
bretty said:
mitch65 said:
Grottyash said:
bretty said:
smiley-tongue-out.gif

You never know. Grotty's on the bad boys list but you're still ok
smiley-tongue-out.gif
Patronising AND arrogant! You're on a roll to-day, young Bretty.
Ordinarily i'm only patronising, but it's 2 for 1 Friday.
Not sure that beats sparkling sickly sweet wine at Baker's for 1€ a glass, but I'll raise one to you anyway. Cheers, mate!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts