would Sneaky DS outperform my Arcam fmjcd17 using flac ?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i have just downloaded ripstation micro ds and ripped one of my fav albums from the who. if i was to purchase the sneaky would it easily outperform my arcam? basically i'm not blown away with the performance of my rega brio3 and cdp, i am looking for that something extra in terms of quality. also love the idea of downloading hi-res music, i will be using B&W 685,s for the sneaky if i decide to purchase.

matthewpiano

I'm absolutely positive the Sneaky DS will leave your CD17 for dead, using lossless files.

If you wanted to stick with CD instead a Rega Apollo would vastly outperform your Arcam and, after selling the Arcam, probably wouldn't cost huge amounts. The Apollo and Brio 3 combination is superb. With that set-up its the amp that would eventually become the limmiting factor as it would with the Sneaky. The Brio 3 is excellent and very musical but can become slightly strident when the going gets tough.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
trouble is i love the idea of being able to playback hi-res music too. my eventual goal is to partner the sneaky with high end cans and headphone amp.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
luckily i bought my cdp and brio3 amp from grahams hifi who i found to be great, so i'll be looking to trade in i think for the sneaky.

TRENDING THREADS