World of Tanks

landzw

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Would love to but i'm a mac user and as yet it doesn't support macs , though i would be very happy to pay for the game if it did come out on the mac

A

Anonymous

Still playing this instead of BF3! Fantastic game and the 7.0 patch is imminent. Great game and it's free. 8)

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I played about 1500 battles in Beta and over 5000 battles post-Beta. Haven't paid a single penny for it yet.

Great fun running around in a baby Tier 1 tank. No arty.

Great fun rolling in my Tier 10 tank with my Clan-mates in Special Battles.

LOL fun in my Tier 5 heavy tank with its 22 second reload time and enormous amount of damage every time I hit something.

This is a game where you don't need the reaction times of a hyper-active teenager to play well.

A

Anonymous

Nice one, shame most of us are on the EU server.....cost me a fortune so far this game!
smiley-cool.gif

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Mr Graham Thomas - you are a very bad man for not only getting me addicted to this game (I am rubbish btw, but getting better) but also a work colleague.

We were both very tired today - in fact he didnt even make it today due to sleep depridation.

This game is seriously bad for ones health.

A

Anonymous

Oh dear, sorry to introduce you to a great game! Stay off the gold mind or it will sap your bank account!

Great isn't it! Pleased you're both enjoying it.
smiley-cool.gif

A

Anonymous

Heh.. was just looking for a nice game to play. Thanks! :)

I googled it so here is the link: http://worldoftanks.com/

A

Anonymous

This game is getting really bad. Lots of abuse, name calling and team damage on the games I've played. People rush in and tend to lose, leaving wide flanks open, lack of basic skills and just for more, more and more points etc. Totally selfish play. There needs to be a significant overhaul before players get sick of this.

Shame.
smiley-frown.gif

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Join a clan and play Special Battles or Tank Companies and you get none of that. It's all about teamwork and fun in these.

You get a lot more teamkilling in the low tier random battles. Very rare to get teamkilling in mid to high tier battles. Use the in game reporting for any rude or offensive behaviour.

Been platooning with my son a lot in Tier 8's. Me in AMX 50 100, him in IS3 to try to get him the XP for the IS4 before 7.3 and the three free Russian tank give-away.

A

Anonymous

Good advice, thank you. It also depends on time of day and who comes online. |(

Edit: It;s just pure jealousy. I had an IS-7 Tier X tank and they make a beeline for you, check your stats then tell you how crap you are! Some horrid people around hiding behind their PCs.
smiley-frown.gif

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I just downloaded Wot the other day. So far I'm using Tier 1 tanks and playing from the UK.

Problems I'm having:

-lag seems high - maybe due to being on the wrong server for my area? The game didn't give me a choice it just loaded into a battle. Most games have a list of servers to join , I can't seem to find this in WOT's. I've seen a Find server tab, where you just type in the name. This doesn't help much as I don't know the names. I just want a list of the UK servers I can join and the ping, lag data.

-So far the game has only loaded me into two different maps - how do I get to play other maps?

-Once I've accidently sent one of my crew away to the Barracks, how do I get him back so that my team is full and can use the tank again?

-Can anyone reccommend a good low ping servers in the UK for inexperienced players?

Many thanks

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the UK and I play on the US server with no problems. As long as your ping is <130ms you shouldnt have a problem.

You dont pick servers in WOT - you only pick your region (US/Europe)

To get someone back from barracks - you click on the empty slock on the vehicle and then you get a choice of who to stick in it.

Jonathan Evans

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Any advice on which are the best tanks to go for?

I'm fairly new to the game, and I'm struggling with most of them! (Probably too impatient.)

I've had some grand games with my T57 SPG (it's only a tier 2), but I struggle with light tanks.

Perhaps I'm more suited to the heavy brigade. But which to go for?

All tips and hints gratefully received...

A

Anonymous

Blackdawn said:
Hi,

I just downloaded Wot the other day. So far I'm using Tier 1 tanks and playing from the UK.

Problems I'm having:

-lag seems high - maybe due to being on the wrong server for my area? The game didn't give me a choice it just loaded into a battle. Most games have a list of servers to join , I can't seem to find this in WOT's. I've seen a Find server tab, where you just type in the name. This doesn't help much as I don't know the names. I just want a list of the UK servers I can join and the ping, lag data.

-So far the game has only loaded me into two different maps - how do I get to play other maps?

-Once I've accidently sent one of my crew away to the Barracks, how do I get him back so that my team is full and can use the tank again?

-Can anyone reccommend a good low ping servers in the UK for inexperienced players?

Many thanks

You are on the EU server aren't you?

Maps are random.

Top left in the garage is the crew - click on the vacant slot and then add him.

As above, check you're on EU, not playing wirelessly (in case that increases your ping) and play random battle to get some action.

Great game.
smiley-smile.gif

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm in the EU server. Is there a Uk server?

Every time I play recently my ping goes mad and increases way over 130. Sometimes up 999 of 450. I'm too far from my Rooter not to be wireless however, I might buy a really long ethernet cable. Its really annoying this lag, it reminds me of using 56k modems and trying to game! However now I'm using high speed fibre optic broad- band. Thanks for your help.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Found out by asking someone on the server that I had downloaded the North America version instead of from the EU one. So I lost my tanks and deleted the game, then re-installed from EU. Started from scratch again. I wish it was more clear. It should automatically re-direct you to the correct download server. The only thing I had an option of picking was the language - english.

Anyhow, the ping is still high and 8/10 times I cannot play and server kicks me. When it works its great fun.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm using wireless and think it could now be the cause. Its going to be a bit of a hassle and involve some drilling to get a cable to where need it, anyway may give it a try soon. Would a CAT 6E cable be fine?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts