admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a stack of FLACs on my machine at work and was thinking about getting a DAC, headphone amp and a new set of headphones (I have a SB Audigy 2 soundcard, which has a digital out). I was thinking the other day that since I spent quite a lot of time at work, I proably listen to more music at work than I do at home, so why not have a decent setup there to appreciate it?

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else had a setup at work, what it is, how they get on with it...?

I am tempted by the Beresford as it has a headphone socket, so seems really good value. I also like the look of the Pro-ject Head Box and was thinking of maybe using the Pro-ject USB Box, as I could then use it on any computer, not just the one with the fancy sound card.

Mainly I'm just curious about how others listen to music at work.

Cheers,

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Generally with an old laptop connected to napster streaming through a cr4ppy old hitachi lifestyle system.

With the noise from the factory below, anything else would be wasted...
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

In my last job we kept a kitty for buying new music, and people brought in and shared their music (which was fantastic for discovering new music). We had a fairly decent office system with an old Rotel amp and CD player driving a pair of AE Aelite 1. The social aspect of it was great and I think it really helped productivity (with the right kind of music). We also had a Wii and a converted arcade machine running XP. Personally I just had an old pair of Grado SR125 straight from my Mac but didn't use them much.

Just started a new job and I'm already missing the old place. Once I'm established I'll have to go about my way converting the office, piece by piece, stone by stone...

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Club with standard PA / DJ setup in main room and well worn bedroom DJ system in back room

Office
Dell PC linked to tinny PC speakers

I got fed up of them booking bands based largely on demo CDs played on this office system so added some of my old kit

Creek OBH 10 passive pot preamp, Switch 1 in to 2 out, Rotel RB970 Power Amp, Acoustic Energy AE301 speakers, Mission M70 sub.

Then we could hear bassists and drummers and have some clue what the rest of the band actually sounded like.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts