Word verification

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi - I'm getting asked to do word verifications seemingly at random - sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I don't mind doing them so much, and certainly understand why it might be necessary, but what is quite frustrating is that sometimes the characters presented just aren't recognisible!

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
Why on earth does this have to set individually? Surely you can set this against new/recent regitrations only?

I'd already posted a while back that I wasn't going to bother any more what with the word verification & general waftiness of this software but it seemed to clear. Now it's back again. :roll:

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Crocodile said:
Can't help wondering how many other potential contributors are being put off posting without realising that this thread exists?

Given the vast amount of spam this and other measures are stopping, it's worth keeping.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi, same problem here.

When I access the site from home in Jersey I get the word verification issue and frequently I can't log in at all. There are also one or two other issues. But I'm at my parents in Scotland and I can log in fine and there's no other problems.

But it would be much appreciated if you could fix this for me :)

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I also found very recently I need to fill in the verification every time I reply to a thread, very annoying indeed. That is why I have not made any reply since yesterday :(

Like others I hope it can be lifted :type:

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorted Inter_Voice and slewis. The site has been very busy since Friday, when we launched the Awards - that sometimes seems to be making it a little grumpier than usual!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts