Wooden floor and spikes,comments please,plus new rack Vs dac

isaacsdad

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Am just about to have a new wooden laminate floor layed in the lounge.I have my stereo on a Soundstyle rack with spiked feet also my speakers Wilson Benesch Arcs have spiked feet.I will have to fit something under the spikes to stop them marking the floor,does anyone have any experiences to share,i have been recommended oak feet but also aware that somepeople just use a coin.

Also am an existing Cyrus CD 8x owner with PSX-R,have the opportunity to either upgrade the CD8x to aCD Xt and add in a DAC X or replace the Sounstyle rack for a Naim Fraim to complement Naim 282 pre 200 power with Hi-cap and Napsc.

Would be very grateful for any advice,new to the forum and keen to benefit from the forums experience

A

Anonymous

daveh75:you can buy spike cups for wooden floors, or just use 2p's

I agree. I think the cups are a little safer.

A

Anonymous

I use Atacama Spikefeet, not a cheap solution but the bass has tightened up alot since going from mere coins to these bad boys.

A

Anonymous

Take a coin, get your Black n Decker or whatever, and drill a small hole in the centre, but not all the way through obviously. Then go to Wilkinson's (if you're UK based)or your hardware store of choice and buy a pack of those round cork self-adhesive pads, and stick to bottom of coin. Voila, spiked feet. If you really want to push the boat out, use pound coins. I believe, however, that it may be illegal to damage or deface currency.

A

Anonymous

andyb190:These are more expensive but very sexy.

Or alternatively these:
http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/1825

A

Anonymous

An alternative way of thinking would be to use a granite base, which (trusted it is solid granite) the spikes will sit fine on.

I use both granite and the shoes from ebay mentioned earlier. Maybe a tad excessive but looks pleasant enough.

isaacsdad

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Jan,will have to investigate,having now had a quick look i suspect there are hundred's of individual makes will have to pull my finger out there coming to do the floor any day now.

A

Anonymous

tractorboy:
Sensible adivce. In the UK, defacement of coins has been legal for many years (a relatively recent act revoked the offence).

Certainly the coin trick I've seen in magazines for years.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Taking another 24p out of the money supply could push the UK over the edge financially. Big Gordon would probably blame you about the recession.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts